Idyllic Romance in Carmel-by-the-Sea
The Vagabond's House • Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA
get it now to save even moreclose
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in Room 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5, Sundays through Thursdays ($429) or Fridays and Saturdays ($495) with an In-Room Breakfast and $60 Spa Credit Per Person Toward a One-Hour or More Service
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in Room 8, 9, 10, or 11, Sundays through Thursdays ($609) or Fridays and Saturdays ($679) with an In-Room Champagne Breakfast and $60 Spa Credit Per Person Toward a One-Hour or More Service (Include Upgrade to Quintessential)
- Valid Now through February 13; February 18 through April 14; or November 2 through 20
- Bottle of Central Coast Wine: Red, White, or Sparkling
- Complimentary Wine Tasting at Up to Five Wineries
- Daily Afternoon Wine and Cheese Tasting
- Complimentary In-Room Sherry
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
Retreat to this romantic English Tudor-style B&B for wine tastings, soothing massages, and bubbly breakfasts in bed.
Carmel, on the southern edge of the Monterey Peninsula, got its sea legs as a retreat for painters, poets, actors, and other artists seeking inspiration by the sea. And inspiration they got: Ancient-looking cypress trees stand atop sheer cliffs that plunge into the ocean, with red-and-green bluffs overlooking sprawling swaths of perfect beach punctuated by fluttering kites and bounding dogs. Add a glass or two of local wine to the mix, and it's easy to see why Carmel has played muse to many since the early 1900s.
Another source of inspiration in this 100-year-old town: The Vagabond's House, a romantic English Tudor-style bed and breakfast situated downtown. You'll be greeted by a cobblestone courtyard with a centuries-old oak tree and trickling waterfall at its center. Inside, the immaculately maintained inn is appointed with a baby-grand piano, posh period furnishings, local artwork, and rich hardwood floors. Rooms are much the same and are outfitted with plush beds, fireplaces, and vintage work desks. Some even feature kitchens or kitchenettes, and all come equipped with cable TV and wireless Internet.
Wake up to breakfast in bed (or in the courtyard, if you prefer), which includes fresh fruit, juices, hot beverage, cereals, yogurts, eggs, French pastry, bagels, toast, and house-made jam. It's the perfect beginning to a day spent among the various tasting rooms in the region—Scheid Vineyards, Heller Estate, Tudor Wines, Boekenoogen Vineyard, and Chateau Julien Wine Estate, among others.
For picturesque ocean views and a bit of Carmel history, hop onto Scenic Road, which winds its way through town and past a number of noteworthy homes, including a Frank Lloyd Wright house built in 1948. For a taste of the town's roots, head to the Carmel Art Association, where several galleries are filled with works by more than 120 local artists.
"The location and room were amazing. Staff was friendly and helpful. Best massage ever at their spa. Definitely will be back!"-- LivingSocial Member
"Very charming place! Had a nice weekend there, and it was a great deal with our LivingSocial package."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays February 5 - November 20, 2014; must book by April 1, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes daily afternoon wine and cheese tasting from 4-6 p.m.; in-room sherry; one bottle of central coast red, white or sparkling wine; and complimentary wine tasting at up to five wineries
- Spa credits may not be combined to cover a single one-hour service, may not be used toward A La Carte treatments, nor combined with other spa discounts
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests; additional guests may be added based on availability and at an additional cost of $30 per person/night
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 7 days in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Children are welcome at the property; children under the age of 12 are free
- Pets are allowed for additional fee of $30 per pet/night; please inquire with merchant at time of booking reservation
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Blackout date(s): February 14-17, 2014; April 15 - November 1, 2014
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 20, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 7, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 20, 2014 • Enjoy By November 20, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms