Rafting or Zip-Lining in the Chattooga River Gorge
Wildwater • Long Creek, SC
- A Two-Night Stay for Up to Four Guests in a Cottage with a Zip-Line Canopy Tour on the Chattooga Ridge for Two ($306)
- Or, Two-Night Stay for Up to Four Guests in a Cottage with a Guided White-Water Rafting Trip on the Chattooga River for Two ($323)
- Book Early for Best Selection
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
Experience the thrills of outdoor adventure—whether paddling the rapids of the Chattooga River or setting off on a zip-line adventure through the treetops—in the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains.
Once home to Native American tribes who lived off the area's abundant berries and trout, the Chattooga River Gorge still abounds with old-growth forest, placid lakes, and cold mountain streams—the setting of your Wildwater Chattooga adventures. The swift-moving Chattooga River is a rafter's dream, while the 20-acre Historic Long Creek Academy—set within walking distance of Wildwater's Chattooga Cottages—is rigged up for the zip-line adventure of a lifetime. And it's all amid a network of trails steeped in early-morning mists and Native American history.
Overlooking Academy Lake, Wildwater's Chattooga Cottages offer serene quiet. Each one can accommodate up to four guests and is equipped with a full kitchen, a queen futon downstairs, a loft with a set of twin beds, satellite TV with DVD player, a spacious deck, linens, and towels. Appointed in French Country style, the cottages feature colorful fabrics, art, and accessories. Head outside and fire up the charcoal grill, or gather in the gazebo while trading tales from the day's adventures.
Adrenaline-fueled but family-friendly, Wildwater's Chattooga River Section III rafting trip takes guests through class II and III whitewater on swift currents. An experienced guide preps paddlers for increasingly difficult rapids, the culmination of which is Bull Sluice, a 14-foot plunge over the course of two drops. Afterward, you'll enjoy a riverside lunch and, if the mood strikes, you'll have a chance to swim.
If you prefer wings to water, float among the treetops on the Chattooga Ridge canopy tour, featuring half a mile of high-flying fun that includes four bridges and 12 zip lines, all spread out over 19 scenic acres. You'll be given all the necessary gear, and a bit of guidance, before launching off the 50-foot-high Bell Tower, boasting 360-degree mountain views.
"The Chattooga River forms part of the lower northeast border with Georgia and offers some of the best white-water rafting and canoeing in the country."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and June 22, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Rafting option pricing includes $3 River Fee, does not include gratuity, does not include 7.5% reservation fee which guarantees cancellations can be made up until 1 p.m. the day before activity or lodging. Merchant retains the 7.5% fee and will refund the balance. Cancellations made after 1 p.m. are non-refundable, the 7.5% is non-refundable; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests; cottage capacity is up to 4
- Taxes of 11% are not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 22, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 21, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 22, 2014 • Enjoy By June 22, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings