Holbox: The Yucatan's Best-Kept Secret
Holbox Suites • Holbox Island, Mexico
- A Four- ($224), Five- ($280), Six- ($336), or Seven-Night ($392) Stay for Two in a Standard Room from April 27 to May 31 or August 24 to October 31
- Or, a Four- ($278), Five- ($350), Six- ($420), or Seven-Night ($490) Stay for Two in a Standard Room from March 1 to April 26 or June 1 to August 23
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
What Holbox Island lacks in development it makes up for in spectacular wildlife—whale sharks breed in the waters just offshore.
On a map, Mexico's Holbox Island appears to be levitating just above the Yucatan Peninsula—a tiny green balloon marking the place where the Gulf of Mexico intermingles with the Caribbean Sea. Zoom in and you'll find a wild mane of coconut palms and mangroves ringed by seashell-strewn beaches. A sleepy fishing village is the only sign of civilization and home to most of Holbox's 2,200 human residents. The island's other inhabitants can be found in its dense wilderness. Wild boars, foxes, and boas rustle through the rainforest; pelicans and flamingos alight on the marshes; and, of course, 20-ton spotted whale sharks crest and submerge in the turquoise waters of the Yalahau Lagoon, their mating ground.
A haven of calm and quiet just steps from the beach, Holbox Suites is the perfect place to experience the dulcet rhythms of life in the Mexican Caribbean. Thatched-roof buildings house comfortable, airy suites that fill with sunshine every morning; at night, a sea breeze cools their private balconies. Palm trees provide soft shade for rows of white lounge chairs before the sand gives way to the Gulf of Mexico.
"Holbox is the anti-Cancún. There are no tour groups and no high-rise hotels. Many islanders earn their living as fishermen. On the main beach in the early morning and late afternoon, small boats are moored just offshore."-- Seattle Times
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests; up to 1 additional guests may be added based on availability and at an additional cost of $7 per person per night
- Taxes included
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Blackout date(s): March 20-22, April 4-6 and 16-19
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 31, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 31, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 31, 2014 • Enjoy By October 31, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings