White-Water Rafting on the Salmon River
Yellow Jacket River Guides •
- A Two-Day, One Night Wilderness Camping and Rafting Expedition for One ($462)
- Or, a Two-Day, One Night Wilderness Camping and Rafting Expedition with Yoga Session for One ($462)
- Or, a Four-Day, Three-Night Wilderness Camping and Rafting Expedition for One ($999)
- Chartered Jetboat Transportation Included
- All Meals, Equipment, Fees, and Taxes Included
The Salmon is known as "The River of No Return"—raft it for yourself with this thrill-ride of an Escape.
True to its roots as a low-key logging town, McCall has seasoned saloons and storied haunts sprinkled among new vacation homes. Here, neighborhood watering holes host a mixture of friendly locals and powder-seeking tourists. Stationed on the southern shore of Payette Lake, McCall boasts a truly unique atmosphere, where skiers can slip down the slopes of Brundage Mountain and water-loving wayfarers can dock their vessels alongside the Payette National Forest.
Your two-day or four-day rafting journey with Yellow Jacket River Guides starts at the Best Western Plus McCall Lodge & Suites, where you're welcome to book pre- and post-trip lodging at your own expense. From the hotel, you'll travel by charter bus to the Vinegar Creek boat ramp—a chartered jetboat awaits you, complete with a skilled and knowledgeable guide.
Once you arrive on a white sandy beach along the river, you'll be greeted by another experienced guide and led to your fully equipped campsite—think cushy sleeping pads, roomy tents, and cozy sleeping bags. Grab a seat by the campfire as you enjoy hors d'oeuvres and a happy hour before savoring a hearty meal of juicy meats, locally grown veggies, and rich desserts.
After a night's rest and a breakfast of flaky spinach-and-mushroom frittatas, gulp down bottomless glasses of orange juice before tackling your first assignment: alternating peaceful flatwater and Class III white-water runs. There's plenty of opportunities to catch glimpses of wildlife—moose, bear, and bald eagles abound.
When you're not on the water, you'll report to historical pit stops, pioneer homesteads, and abandoned mining claims. (Some two-day excursions will also include a yoga session.) On the last afternoon, you'll arrive at Buckskin Bill's historic homesite, where the jetboat will pick you up and give you one last Salmon River thrill as you speed through more rapids while heading back to Vinegar Creek for the return bus ride to McCall. Throughout the trip, you'll have ample opportunities to snap a few photos, but don't fret if you didn't bring a camera—this Idaho rafting trip is one unforgettable adventure.
Two-Day, One-Night Trip: July 22, July 30, and August 7 ($462)
Four-Day, Three-Night Trip: June 24, July 2, and July 10 ($999)
"The care, the wonderful food, the beautiful scenery, the accommodations, and the company was exactly what I was hoping for."-- Satisfied Customer
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made by May 31, 2014
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher is valid for one person only
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see tinyurl.com/kqkzovh
- Due to the limited space available on our Salmon River Adventures, all payments will be forfeited for cancellations made within 90 days of your launch. Prior to that time, cancellations will be assessed a 20% charge
- Should Yellow Jacket River Guides (YJRG) cancel your trip due to extreme weather conditions — including, but not limited to water, fire, or other environmental conditions, a rain check will be issued by YJRG
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together; contact YJRG with occupancy questions
- Children must be at least 6 years old to participate
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit required at check in
- All participants must sign waiver upon arrival
- Does not include airfare, gratuities, meals, snacks or drinks not specified in the itinerary, other personal expenses, passport/visa fees if applicable
- Review the State Department's website for passport )/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 7, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 7, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 7, 2014 • Enjoy By August 7, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings