13-Day Andean Highlights Trip to Machu Picchu + Flights
Valencia Travel •
- A 13-Day Trip to Peru ($1,899 to $2,199 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip International Flights from Miami to Lima
- Domestic Flight from Lima to Arequipa and from Cusco to Lima
- Ground Transportation Between Airport, Accommodations, and City Stops via Bus; Boat Transportation on Lake Titicaca; and Train Transportation between Cusco and Machu Picchu
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Nine Nights in a Casa Andina Classic or Similar Property in Lima, Arequipa, Chivay, Puno, Cusco, and Aguas Calientes; and One Night in a Home Stay in Luquina
- Ten Breakfasts, Two Lunches, and One Dinner
- City Tour of Lima, Hike to Cruz del Condor, Traditional Andean Party, Walking Tour of Cusco, Walking Tour of Machu Picchu
- Airline Taxes and Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, and Entrance and Admission Fees
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
From big cities to small lakeside villages and cloud-shrouded ruins, this itinerary reveals the very best of Peru.
The scenes of Peru are every bit as magical as you'd imagine: Vine-draped ruins of mysterious civilizations sitting atop the world; vast mountain lakes unfurling under an endless sky; historic cities packed with colonial charm; and snow-capped Andean peaks. The attraction that put Peru on the tourism map, the ancient Inca city of Machu Picchu, rises above the clouds on a jungle-covered mountain. It stuns with precisely cut walls, terraces, and ramps—not to mention dizzying views of mountain spires in every direction.
But that's not all that Peru has to offer: In the capital, Lima, there are enough world-class museums, ocean-view parks, pre-Inca ruins, and trendy restaurants to keep you busy for days. The highland city of Cusco was once the capital of the Inca Empire, and many of the 16th-century Spanish churches and palaces were built on still-visible Inca foundations. Today, the city is full of markets where Quechua-speaking vendors offer exquisite handicrafts.
Arequipa, in the middle of Peru's canyon country, is a fiery city, known for the towering, snow-capped volcano looming over town; its distinctive 17th-century architecture, which harnessed local volcanic rock to craft stunning monasteries, arches, and cathedrals; and its perpetual sunshine. Nearby, boats built with reeds glide along the surface of Lake Titicaca, just as they have for centuries. You'll see the very best Peru has to offer with this 13-day tour from Valencia Travel Cusco.
day 1: Board your overnight flight from Miami International Airport to Lima, Peru.
day 2: After your arrival at Lima's Jorge Chavez International Airport, a representative from Valencia Travel Cusco will pick you up and take you to your hotel. In the afternoon, you'll take a city tour and see the Huaca Pucllana pyramid, colonial palaces, the ancient artifacts at the Central Bank Museums, and more.
Overnight at Casa Andina Classic Miraflores San Antonio or similar.
day 3: Ride to the airport and board your domestic flight to Arequipa's Rodríguez Ballón International Airport. Check in at your hotel, then spend the afternoon walking around the city and snapping pictures of its unique architecture. We recommend visiting the Santa Catalina Monastery.
Overnight at Casa Andina Classic Arequipa or similar. Breakfast provided.
day 4: Take a four-hour bus ride through the Andes to Chivay, where you'll settle in at your hotel in the beautiful Colca Canyon.
Overnight at Casa Andina Classic Colca or similar. Breakfast provided.
day 5: Enjoy breakfast before departing for Cruz del Condor, one of the best places in the world to spot Andean condors in flight. Head back to Chivay, then ride to Puno to stay for the night.
Overnight at Casa Andina Classic Puno Tikarani or similar. Breakfast provided.
day 6: After breakfast, take a boat ride to the Floating Islands of Lake Titicaca, built by their residents using reeds and grasses. In the afternoon, you'll continue on to the Chucuito Peninsula. You'll get to experience a traditional way of life on Lake Titicaca and participate in activities like farming and fishing. You will spend the night in the home of one of the community's families, enjoying the rare opportunity to learn about their culture firsthand.
Overnight in a home in the village of Luquina. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 7: After breakfast, say goodbye to your host family and board another boat, which will sail for about an hour to Taquile Island. This traditional Quechua-speaking community is home to ancient agricultural terraces and some ruins that date back to the pre-Inca times. Enjoy views of Lake Titicaca while walking on the island's narrow paths. Afterward, you'll board a boat back to Puno.
Overnight at Casa Andina Classic Puno Tikarani or similar. Breakfast provided.
day 8: Ride a bus to Cusco; along the way, you'll make stops in the traditional highland communities of Pukara, La Raya, Raqchi, and Andahuyalillas.
Overnight at Casa Andina Classic Cusco Plaza or similar. Breakfast and a buffet lunch provided.
day 9: On a walking tour of Cusco, you'll see the Main Plaza, Plaza Nazarenas, the colorful San Blas neighborhood, the San Pedro local market, and more.
Overnight at Casa Andina Classic Cusco Plaza or similar. Breakfast provided.
day 10: Take a midday train through the Sacred Valley of the Incas to Aguas Calientes, where natural springs and botanical gardens make for picturesque surroundings.
Overnight at Casa Andina Classic Machu Picchu or similar. Breakfast provided.
day 11: Eat breakfast, then ride a bus to Machu Picchu to see the sunrise. Then, enjoy a guided walking tour with the group before heading off to explore the city on your own. Take care to catch your train back to Cusco for the night.
Overnight at Casa Andina Classic Cusco Plaza or similar. Breakfast included.
day 12: After breakfast, ride from your hotel to Cusco's Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport to board a flight back to Lima. From there, transfer to your international return flight to Miami.
day 13: Bid a fond farewell to Peru as you arrive back in the United States.
Miami (MIA) departures:
1/9, 2/5 ($1,899)
3/1, 3/11, 3/20, 4/4, 4/25, 5/2, 5/14, 5/19, 5/27, 6/5, 8/6, 10/3 ($1,999)
1/24, 6/10, 6/25, 7/15, 8/27 ($2,099)
7/5, 7/25, 9/5 ($2,199)
Priced per person based on double occupancy; see fine print.
About Valencia Travel
During the height of the Inca Empire, the emperor's chaskis used to carry messages between Cusco and Machu Picchu all the time. You, however, are likely to hike the Inca Trail just once in your life, so you don't want to leave anything to chance. Valencia Travel's guides know the history of every foot of the trail, and for years they have been making sure that their guests have a comfortable time and an unforgettable experience. Plus, Valencia Travel is committed to paying its porters a fair wage and providing safe working conditions. So when you're ready to explore the Andes, count on Valencia Travel to show you the way.
"Everyone has been soooo helpful. Think you guys are my new best friends :-) Keep it up!!! Thanks!"-- LivingSocial Member
"Great trip for the price. Went to many sites I otherwise wouldn't have. The tour guide was very personable."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 4 per customer, up to 4 additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Book by date: customer must contact merchant by January 22, 2014 to make booking
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- In order to book, customers must submit legal name, passport number (if available), nationality, date of birth, and gender via e-mail
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes round-trip international flights from Miami to Lima, domestic flight from Lima to Arequipa, and from Cusco to Lima; ground transportation between airport, accommodations, and city stops, via bus; boat transportation on Lake Titicaca; train transportation between Cusco and Machu Picchu; double-occupancy accommodations for 9 nights in a Casa Andina Classic or similar property in Lima, Arequipa, Chivay, Puno, Cusco, and Aguas Calientes; 1 night in a home stay in Luquina; 10 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner; city tour of Lima, hike to Cruz del Condor, traditional Andean party, walking tour of Cusco, walking tour of Machu Picchu; airline taxes, fuel surcharges, hotel fees, and admission fees per itinerary
- Voucher does not include passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary, any costs not specified as included
- All other major US airports available for a surcharge to be collected at time of booking
- Passport required; visa not required
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires additional fee of $400
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information see valenciatravelcusco.com/terms-conditions.php
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 3, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 5, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 3, 2015 • Enjoy By October 3, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings