Historic, Hand-Crafted Lodge in the Adirondacks
Lake Clear Lodge and Retreat • Lake Clear, NY
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Lodge Room, Sundays through Thursdays from July 1 to July 23 and August 19 to September 30
- Daily Breakfast for Two
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers to Extend Your Stay
This rustic lodge, built in 1886, sits in the heart of the Adirondacks and offers a peaceful setting for a trip back in time.
A perfect vacation destination. It's no surprise that Lake Clear—in the heart of New York's Adirondack Mountains—has been a popular vacation destination since the late 1800s. At nearly 1,000 square acres, the pristine lake offers excellent fishing and boating, while hikers, bikers, and campers are drawn to the surrounding network of trails.
A trip back in time. What is surprising is that this humble hamlet has remained virtually unchanged since Paul Smith opened his famous wilderness resort near here in 1859. That's because much of the land around the lake is owned by the state and has been dutifully preserved to offer each new generation an authentic, unspoiled experience with nature.
Easy to get to. And while travelers once arrived here by train, today you'll find the two-hour drive from Montreal makes Lake Clear easy to reach on a whim.
Built in 1886 as a trading post, Lake Clear Lodge & Retreat is among the town's oldest structures and is now a member of America's Historic Inns. And, as a steward of the environment, this 25-acre getaway is also part of the Green Hotel Association, showcasing hand-crafted lodgings and boasting several eco-friendly awards. Decorated in old-world fashion, each Lodge Room is equipped with a private bathroom and peaceful views of the property. At night, enjoy dinner in the hand-hewn dining room, serving up hearty, rustic fare based on time-honored recipes, plus more than 300 specialty beers and 350 boutique wines. Be sure to inquire about canoe, kayak, and bike rentals—with thousands of acres of backcountry wilderness to explore, you'll find plenty to discover here.
"When we pulled into the drive leading to the lodge, we were very surprised by the unspoiled setting. There was more than enough to do—trails to walk where we found a trove of wild blueberries, kayaks and canoes to use, bikes. The food was also unbelievab-- BedandBreakfast.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and July 23 and from August 19 until September 30, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Blackout date(s): July 24- August 18
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2014 • Enjoy By September 30, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings