Camping Trip or Survival Class in Ojai or Yosemite
Treks + Tracks •
get it now to save even moreclose
- A Two-Day, One-Night Backpacking Trip in Ojai, Castle Rock State Park or Point Reyes National Seashore for One Person ($159)
- Or, a Three-Day, Two-Night Practical Wilderness Survival Class in Yosemite National Park for One Person ($399)
- Rental Tent, Sleeping Bag, Sleeping Pad, Cooking Equipment, and Backpack
- One Breakfast and One Dinner for the Ojai, Castle Rock State Park or Point Reyes Trip and Two Breakfasts and Two Dinners for the Practical Wilderness Survival Class
- Backpacking Instruction and Professional Guides
- After Purchase, Follow Your Voucher's Redemption Instructions to Complete Your Reservation
Pick the backpacking adventure of your choice and get ready to explore California's great outdoors.
Between the mountains and the coast, California offers some of the best backpacking in the country. In Ojai, 80 miles northwest of Los Angeles, the primitive Los Padres National Forest features miles of maintained trails that cover a variety of terrain, from wildflower-flooded meadows, to golden grasslands, to hidden mountain creeks.
Just 50 miles south of San Francisco lie the dense redwood and fir forests of Castle Rock State Park—one of the most scenic spots in the Santa Cruz Mountains. More than 30 miles of hiking and horseback riding trails crisscross the mossy forest floor, while cliffs and peculiar rock formations make the park a favorite of climbers from all over the state.
About an hour's drive north of San Francisco, Point Reyes National Seashore spans 111 square miles and boasts coastal views that rival any in America, with whales, seals, and other marine life calling these waters home. And with nearly 500 species of birds floating around, Point Reyes lays claim to the greatest diversity of avian life of any national park in the country.
Or, make your way to Yosemite National Park, where a three-day wilderness skills course can teach you how to survive in the backcountry. Enjoy the comforts of camping while learning about the vital planning and strategizing needed to stay alive in the great outdoors.
So what'll it be? The swimming holes and grasslands of Southern California, or the birds and views of Northern California? With Treks + Tracks, it's up to you.
Not only will Treks + Tracks provide you with all the necessary gear for your adventure—including sleeping bags, backpacks, tents, cooking gear, and sleeping pads—they'll also teach you a number of useful skills. From navigation and wilderness safety to leave-no-trace principles and backcountry cooking, both beginner and intermediate campers will glean the necessary skills to start planning their own backpacking trips. Breakfast and dinner will also be provided (with vegetarian and gluten-free options available), but you'll be responsible for packing your own lunch for day one of the trip on the Ojai, Castle Rock, and Point Reyes trips and all days of the three-day survival class.
• Only valid for trips between now and May 31, 2015
• This deal includes use of sleeping bag, pads, and a tent, plus one dinner and breakfast
• Don't forget to pack a lunch for your first day or all days, depending on your trip
• A detailed gear list will be sent to you one week prior to your departure date
• Campers must be ages 12 or older and able to carry a 30-pound bag
• Call 650-557-4893 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
Amazing, friendly staff; they really take the time to make sure you have the most enjoyable experience! I definitely recommend Treks + Tracks to everyone!-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now to May 31, 2016
- Online reservations required and subject to availability
- Call 650-557-4893 or email email@example.com with questions
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes rental tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, cooking equipment, and backpack; 1 breakfast and 1 dinner for the Ojai, Castle Rock State Park, or Point Reyes trip; and 2 breakfasts and 2 dinners for the Practical Wilderness Survival class; backpacking instruction and professional guides
- Must be age 12 or over to redeem
- Voucher does not include lunch and gear
- Detailed gear list provided 1 week prior to trip
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 1 guest
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 1 week in advance of scheduled arrival; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes and gratuity not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services, and gratuity at the property are not included
- Must be able to carry a 30 lb bag
- Option A: please visit www.treksandtracks.com for updates to Point Reyes class times
- Blackout Dates: December 2015 to February 2016 due to holidays and weather; trips typically pick up again, weather-permitting, in March 2016
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 31, 2016 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2016 • Enjoy By May 31, 2016
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms