Visitors explore the past and present of the American literature to rediscover their love for reading or get inspired to write in the future
Groupon Customer Reviews
Error submitting request
Thank you for your response
About This Deal
- Families and children can celebrate the enduring influence of American writers on history, identity, or culture
- Free admission for children aged 12 and under
- The interactive exhibits aim to combine different perspectives to American writers and their works that are a part of human history
- Reduced-rate parking for the vehicle is available when pre-purchased online; click here to pre-purchase parking at Millennium Garages.
Free Poe Tour for Spooky Season with Private Group Adult Admission for 10, Valid Thursday - Monday
- Visitors are guided through museum exhibits by an AWM storyteller to learn about the works of Poe and other writers he inspired
- Experience the American Writers Museum with a group of 10 by October 31, 2021 and receive a discounted admission rate and a complimentary Edgar Allan Poe-themed tour. Our engaging and fun Storytellers will take your group through our exhibits on a journey full of fright, mystery, and suspense. Visitors can dive into Poe’s work like never before and see how his legacy continues to impact the world today. Poe is credited for crafting several forms of short fiction including horror, science fiction, and the detective story.
- Appointments are required for this option. Please follow voucher instructions after purchase.
The American Writers Museum’s COVID-19 Precautions
- Masks that cover mouth and nose are required to enter the building and the museum and must be kept on at all times.
- Safe physical distancing of six feet between is required
- Gloves and styluses are available to promote safe interaction with museum exhibits
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the museum.
- Regular cleaning of contact surfaces per CDC recommendations.
Employee health screenings.
- Note that state and local guidelines are changing regularly. Please check The American Writers Museum’s website or contact them for their latest guidelines.
About American Writers Museum
Throughout history, writers have influenced history and culture to become a voice of people's daily lives. The American Writers Museum aims to celebrate American authors past and present by engaging and educating the public through a variety of innovative and dynamic exhibitions Size strong: six walk-through exhibits with interactive kiosks and displays of American authors and writing styles.
Eye Catcher The Mind of a Writer exhibit featuring an interactive display where guests can write stories on paper and typewriters
Permanent Exhibits strong: The Stead Family Foundation Writers Hall, A Nation of Writers, Wintrust Chicago Gallery, and the Negaunee Foundation Children's Literature Gallery showcasing American children's book authors as well as a space to read and interact
Visiting Exhibit "My America: Immigrant and Refugee Writers Today" and "Ray Bradbury: Inextinguishable"
Don't Miss To explore the AWM Virtual Hub for online offerings including virtual exhibits, programs, podcasts and more, visit the American Writers Museum's website.