Customers float weightlessly in Epsom salt-infused water inside a specially-designed float room for 60 minutes
Groupon Customer Reviews
Error submitting request
Thank you for your response
About This Deal
- Floaters drift into a deeply relaxing dream-like state in an enclosed tank filled with warm water and epsom salt that blocks external stimuli. Sessions are designed to help clear the mind, relax muscles, and relieve stress.
- Learn how float tanks work and why you should try it.
- Click here for answers to frequently asked questions about flotation tanks.
- This voucher is for SACRAMENTO only. Please ensure you are purchasing for the correct location before completing your purchase.
About Capitol Floats
Not many people have life-changing experiences from a podcast. But while listening to the Joe Rogan Experience, Ryan Duey was inspired to try stepping into a float tank in 2013—and his life has never been the same. Today, Ryan looks forward to helping others tap into their subconscious, hyper-relaxed state at his own float-tank business, Capitol Floats.
What to Expect
- First-timers should arrive 10 minutes early to complete paperwork and go through orientation.
- After showering and putting in earplugs, guests immerse themselves in the tank, which is filled with an Epsom-salt solution.
- After an hour, music gently plays in the tank to indicate the session is complete. Guests then shower again to rinse off the saltwater.
- They'll then retreat to the post-float room to settle back into the real world. Drinks, books, and writing and art materials will be on hand, and they can also bring their laptop to jot down any creative ideas they came up with while in the tank.
Floating has positive effects on both the body and mind. Physically, the Epsom salts allow floating effortlessly, reducing strain on muscles and joints. Sessions can temporarily relieve pain and may aid in lowering blood pressure, reducing bloating, or increasing circulation. Mentally, the time in the tank allows the mind to wander freely. This can reduce stress and increase mental clarity, resulting in creativity, self-reflection, and possibly even the ability to remember where one lost their prized Beanie Baby in 1997.
Capitol Floats is excited to partner with Somadome, bringing Sacramento the very first personal meditation pod. Integrating three healing modalities to facilitate meditation and ‘whole person’ alignment, the Somadome combines traditional color therapy with scientifically tested binaural beat technology, guided meditations, and proprietary energy-healing microcrystalline tiles, curating an experience that is unique and profoundly restorative.
About the Tanks
- Filled with 10 inches of water
- The water is saturated with 1,000 pounds of Epsom salts so you'll float, and the forces of gravity are less.
- The tank is heated so the air, body, and water temperature are all the same (93 degrees Fahrenheit), so there's no jarring difference that draws you out of a relaxed state.
- Insulated so there's no light or sound interference