A modern Asian restaurant that serves Japanese and Pan-Asian cuisine
About This Deal
- The chef’s choice, 10-course meal for two, including an appetizer, main entrees (which vary from raw/cooked sushi and kitchen dishes), and dessert
- The entire meal is made using unique, off-menu items and it is up to the chef to decide what is fresh that day to bring to the Omakase table
- Guests are encouraged to mention if they’re allergic to any raw fish while making a reservation
- The entire dining experience may take up to two hours as the chef prepares everything from scratch to offer the best freshness
- Valid any day, but Omakase reservations will not be accepted for after 4pm on Fridays and Saturdays
About Chopfuku Sushi Bar and Asian Cuisine
At Chopfuku, colorful sushi and sashimi are plated with swirls of sauce, pinches of roe, and ever-so-carefully-placed greenery and flower petals. In essence, they're edible works of art designed by master chef Chris Dang. But he doesn't leave the creativity to the raw seafood—Dang and his cohorts arrange Asian-style crispy wings, fried rice, and Cajun salmon as if they're appetizers at a hip gallery opening.
In reality, though, it's an unassuming, affordable restaurant in a sedate suburb of Salt Lake City. The menu boasts Japanese, Vietnamese, and Thai cuisine, including pad thai and green curry. Chef Dang lets his imagination run wild—and his 40 years of experience soar—during Omakase meals, for which he makes multiple courses sophisticated courses like "dancing" octopus, smoked duck, and pho marrow.