Guests learn the history of moonshining in Wilkes County before sampling several flavors of the spirit, which is made from local ingredients
Error submitting request
Thank you for your response
About This Deal
After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your voucher to complete redemption._
Choose Between Two Options
- $19.50 for a Craft Distillery Tour package for two ($29.98 total value)
- $35.50 for a Craft Distillery Tour package for four ($59.96 total value)
Each pair receives the following:
- Distillery tour and moonshine tasting for two ($10 value)
- $10 merchandise credit ($10 value)
- Two souvenir glasses to take home ($9.98 value)
About Copper Barrel Distillery
Buck Nance and George Smith are proud residents of Wilkes County, the country's self-proclaimed moonshine capital. They're so proud, in fact, that they opened Copper Barrel Distillery to share the area's history—and its signature spirit—with as many people as possible. Today, guests can stop by this 100% legal distillery to learn about the rich history of moonshine and to sample a couple of its most popular products. Before you go, though, read on to learn a bit more about Copper Barrel's moonshine and what makes it great:
Copper Barrel produces black-cherry, blueberry, red-cherry, and strawberry moonshine, but its flagship product is the White Lightning. Despite being 96-proof, it's a smooth, well-balanced spirit with a green-apple aroma and slightly sweet taste. That's all thanks to the following:
- Ingredients: It's made with a blend of rye, corn, cane sugar, yeast, and water from North Carolina.
- Process: Copper Barrel not only has a well onsite that draws water from a crystalline-rock aquifer, but it's also the world's first distillery to use a direct steam-injection distillation process.
- Experience: As a master distiller, Buck Nance has been making moonshine all his life. Today, he channels decades of experience into perfecting Copper Barrel's spirits.