What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a deluxe double-queen room
Inn at a Glance: Apple Tree Inn
With large rooms, the Apple Tree Inn is a small hideaway fit for a small town. Guests can walk a short distance beside the country road to hunt for antiques or sample craft beer and cider.
- In-room amenities Include free WiFi and Keurig Coffee Maker
- Best place to relax: The Inn’s picnic areas
- Where to eat: Renowned Jeremy’s on the Hill serves seasonal, locally sourced dishes like grass-fed burgers and organic salads. Across the street is California Mountain Bakery, and Wynola Pizza, which features live music on most weekends.
- Adventures: Choose between various adventures including The Julian Station at Wynola Junction features libations from the cooler, west coast mead Julian wine & chocolate Julian hard cider.
- Main Street: More restaurants and shops are just a five-minute drive away in downtown Julian.
Julian, California: Historic Gold-Mining Town with Famous Apple Pie
Julian’s position at just over 4,200 feet on top of the Laguna Mountains means that the town, unlike the rest of Southern California, enjoys four distinct seasons. Julian was the first and only gold-rush town in San Diego County, and as a result, the entire township is a historic district. Explore its rich heritage aboard mining trains or during the year-round History Hunts that send participants through downtown to find answers to questions about local sites.
Though gold mining may have put Julian on the map, the town is most famous for its apple crops, which began springing up here at the end of the 19th century. The area’s unique climate also makes it a prolific grape-growing region, and a handful of wineries dot the countryside. There’s plenty to do outdoors, as well. A 2.5-mile hike to the top of nearby Volcan Mountain reveals panoramic views of the desert and mountains, and Lake Cuyamaca offers trout fishing all year.
Deluxe Double-Queen Room
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: please contact property for pet restrictions and fees.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Free WiFi
- Picnic area
- Seasonal outdoor pool
- Pet-friendly (registration required; additional fee)
- 15-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total LivingSocial rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by LivingSocial after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Final price at checkout may include an additional LivingSocial service fee, which LivingSocial retains as compensation for facilitating your reservation; this fee will not exceed 5% of the nightly cost of the reservation.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings
About Apple Tree Inn Julian
- Nearest airport: San Diego International (SAN; 58 mi)
- Distance from San Diego: 55 miles