What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for four in a standard double-queen room, five in a standard two-double room, or ten in a combination suite
- Daily water park passes for each guest
- Updated guest rooms, public space, and dining facilities
Hotel at a Glance: Castaway Bay
From bodysurfing on 3-foot waves in the 100,000-gallon wave pool to zooming down multistory water slides, there's no shortage of fun to be had at Castaway Bay and its large indoor water park. Families can enjoy a variety of children's activities and spend a great time together.
- Huge indoor water park: The five-story complex boasts pools and slides for all ages. This Getaway comes with daily passes for everyone at your party.
- Arcade with video games, escape rooms, basketball, Mini Bowling, Black Light Mini Golf, and more.
- Restaurants: Onsite dining options include Quaker Steak & Lube®, breakfast buffet, and much more!
- Where you'll stay: Guest rooms enjoy a comfortable room where you can relax after an active day.
Sandusky, Ohio: Family-Friendly Town with Amusement Parks Along Lake Erie
The town of Sandusky lies on the shores of Lake Erie, about midway between Cleveland and Toledo. It's a family-friendly destination with a slew of theme parks and scenic coastal islands. Cedar Point, open May through October, is one of the oldest amusement parks in the United States and a must-do for thrill seekers. The park’s Millennium Force roller coaster set records as the tallest and fastest in the world when it was introduced in 2000. More recently, the GateKeeper scooped up seven world records when it opened in 2013, including the "longest drop on a wing coaster."
If you prefer a slower pace, visit Sandusky’s former post office, which has been transformed into the Merry-Go-Round Museum. The grand building is full of antique carousels of all shapes and sizes, restored to their original splendor; it’s also rumored to house a couple of ghosts. More spooky fun awaits at Ghostly Manor Thrill Center, which features a haunted house, a roller rink, a 4D theater, black-light mini golf, and bounce houses.
Standard Double-Queen Room
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
Standard Two-Double Room
- Two double beds and one sleeper chair
- Standard occupancy: 5
- Maximum occupancy: 5
- Four double beds and two sleeper chairs
- Standard occupancy: 10
- Maximum occupancy: 10
- Check-in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Indoor water park
- Multiple restaurants
- Fitness center
- Free WiFi
- Children activities
- 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total LivingSocial rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by LivingSocial after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Final price at checkout may include an additional LivingSocial service fee, which LivingSocial retains as compensation for facilitating your reservation; this fee will not exceed 5% of the nightly cost of the reservation.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings
About Castaway Bay, Sandusky
- Nearest airport: Cleveland Hopkins International (CLE; 51 mi)
- Distance from Cleveland: 61 miles