What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a standard king room or standard two-double room
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free in a standard two-double room
**Policies and Fees**
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: Fort Magruder Hotel, a Trademark Collection by Wyndham
On May 4 and 5, 1862, Union and Confederate troops battled on what was then known as Fort Magruder. Remnants of that encounter—including a cannon and a redoubt—can still be seen at the hotel built on that historic site.
- In-room amenities: All rooms have mini fridges and free WiFi, and most have patios.
- Pups welcome: Up to two dogs may be added for an additional $25 per night.
- Swimsuit ready: in the hotel's indoor and outdoor pools (Outdoor pool is closed for the season)
- Things to do: The hotel is 2 miles from Colonial Williamsburg and within 4 miles of the Busch Gardens and Water Country USA theme parks.
Williamsburg, Virginia: Historic Colonial Town
Part of the Historic Triangle of Virginia (along with Jamestown and Yorktown), Williamsburg was the capital of the colony. It played a central role during the American Revolution—American forces gathered here in 1781 to march to Yorktown for the war's final battle. The city pays homage to this patriotic past with a living museum where fifers march in Revolutionary War regalia and costumed actors portray everyday colonists. Historians have carefully preserved and restored dozens of 18th-century structures within the town; buildings of note include the home of George Wythe, the first Virginian to sign the Declaration of Independence. Yorktown Battlefield is to the east; here, park rangers tell the story of the Revolutionary War's final siege.
Standard King Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
Standard Two-Double Room
- Two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: Must be arranged prior to arrival. Up to two dogs may stay for an additional $25 plus tax per night; adjoining rooms will incur a $50 fee plus tax. Pet rooms are located on the first floor in designated pet areas. Dogs are not permitted in suites or public areas and must be leashed at all times. Dogs left in room should be crated. Any damage to the room will be the owner's responsibility. Noise disturbance will not be permitted. Service animals are accepted on a complimentary basis.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Free WiFi
- Outdoor pool (Closed for the season)
- Indoor pool (Currently open)
- 24-hour fitness center
- Dog-friendly (additional fees)
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total LivingSocial rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by LivingSocial after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings
About Fort Magruder Hotel, a Trademark Collection by Wyndham
- Nearest airport: Newport News/Williamsburg International (PHF; 17 mi)
- Cab fare: about $45 from PHF, including a 15% tip
- Distance from Norfolk: 44 miles