Located near some of the town’s historic landmarks & attractions, this hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, & on-site sports bar
Hotel at a Glance: Hampton Inn Frederick
Right off I-270 sits Hampton Inn Frederick, located near some of the town’s post popular destinations, including the National Museum of Civil War Medicine, Gambrill State Park, and Monocacy National Battlefield. The hotel features free hot breakfast, an outdoor pool, and an on-site restaurant and sports bar, offering guests a comfort, convenience, and entertainment in the west Maryland town of Frederick.
- Start the day right with fresh fruit, oatmeal, eggs, bagels, and more from the hotel’s complimentary hot breakfast offered each morning.
- The Beacon: Flat-screen TVs hang high above rustic red high-top chairs lined around the expansive bar at the center of the restaurant, where guests can enjoy an array of brews, wine, and cocktails paired with classic American fare while catching their favorite sporting event or game.
- Make a splash during a day in the sun at the hotel’s outdoor pool. As the sun sets, enjoy a relaxing evening outdoors in front of the fireplace.
- Comfortable guest rooms include a microwave, small refrigerator, and coffee maker.
- Explore the area: Lush landscapes and mountaintop peaks set the backdrop during a hike through Catoctin Mountain, located a short drive away from the hotel. Guests can spend the day exploring Fort Detrick or perusing through the retail shops at Frederick Crossing Shopping Center, both less than 5 miles away.
Frederick, Maryland: One of “America’s Best Neighborhoods” near Civil War Battlegrounds
Fifty miles east of Baltimore’s skyscrapers and forty-six miles northwest of DC, the quaint city of Frederick has a unique skyline of its own—it’s lined with spires from historic churches. At ground level, there are many 19th- and 20th-century row houses, 10 art galleries, three theaters, and a stone bridge painted with a mural. Forbes named it one of America’s Best Neighborhoods in 2010.
Civil War buffs will have plenty to see and do just outside of Frederick. Gettysburg National Military Park is just 40 minutes away, while Antietam National Battlefield is even closer.