What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a king room or double-queen room
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free in a double-queen room
Hotel at a Glance: Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert
Despite its name, Palm Desert is an oasis of shopping, golfing, and nature. And at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert, guests are well positioned to take advantage of the town’s attractions. Just four miles away, guests can tee up at the famous Desert Willow Golf Resort, and less than a mile down the street lies the high-end retailers on El Paseo. Located on California State Route 111, the hotel is also well posed for day trips to the nearby resort town of Palm Springs.
- Try the cinnamon buns and other hot items from the daily complimentary breakfast bar.
- Don’t have time for a sit-down meal?: Grab a cup of joe from the lobby.
- Lace up your hiking boots, and head over to the Hopalong Cassidy Trail, a moderate 8.2-mile climb that leads hikers past beautiful wild flowers and picturesque desert scenes.
- Test your luck at one of the area’s six casinos, including the Around the World Casino and the Fantasy Spring Casino.
- Beat the desert heat with a dip in the hotel’s outdoor pool.
Palm Desert, California: Shopping and Wildlife in Scenic Coachella Valley
Palm Desert shares the desert landscape and resort atmosphere of nearby Palm Springs. Palm Desert’s El Paseo is known as the Rodeo Drive of the desert for its art galleries and high-end retailers such as Gucci and Ralph Lauren.
Palm Desert is also a gateway to Joshua Tree National Park, located about 40 miles away. The desert park is famous for its unusual geologic formations and mountains of twisted rock and is home to wildlife including desert bighorn sheep and golden eagles. Wildlife sightings are guaranteed at The Living Desert, a zoo, botanical garden, and animal hospital in Palm Desert. As guests stroll through geographical regions, they see flora and fauna indigenous to that area, which can include giraffes or jaguars.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: up to two dogs 80 lbs or less may be added for an additional $25 per pet per night.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Complimentary WiFi
- Free breakfast bar
- Free coffee in the lobby
- Heated outdoor pool and jetted tub
- 24-hour fitness center
- Pet-friendly ($25 per night)
- 72-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total LivingSocial rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by LivingSocial after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings
About Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert
- Nearest airport: Palm Springs International Airport (PSP; 13 mi)
- Distance from Palm Springs: 15 miles
- Cab fare: about $55 from PSP, including a 15% tip