What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a classic king room or luxury king room
Hotel at a Glance: 4.5 Star HOTEL DU PONT
A grandiose gold-accented staircase greets guests in the enchanting lobby at the historic HOTEL DU PONT. Previous host to historic figures - including U.S. presidents, world leaders, first ladies, world-renowned musicians, and more - this prestigious hotel sits in the heart of downtown Wilmington and has upheld its traditions of providing unmatched, personalized experiences since it first opened its doors in 1913.
- The hotel’s signature 4-star restaurant, “Le Cavalier at the Green Room”, has been awarded the AAA Four-Diamond Award and the Forbes Four-Star award, offering a truly unique, elegant dining experience for guests to enjoy at the hotel.
- For a more relaxed, casually-sophisticated dining experience, guests can enjoy lighter fare at the hotel café, or grab a sweet treat from the bake shop on-site.
- Old European charm combines with contemporary amenities to provide comfort and convenience with every stay in a guest room at the hotel. A well-appointed luxury bathroom with upscale bath amenities is included in each room, along with a work desk and HDTV.
- Lobby libations: The golden age of cocktails returns with our "Toast to Twilight" evening ritual! Raise a glass with us in our lavish lobby as we honor tradition and savor gratis sips of seasonally inspired punch in modern style. Complimentary for hotel guests. Monday through Thursday from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
- Wilmington’s rich culture and heritage surround the hotel. The Soldiers & Sailors Monument, Brandywine Zoo, and Hendrickson House Museum and Old Swedes Church are all just 1 mile away.
- Make it a spa day with a visit to Currie Hair, Skin and Nails. The destination for men and women seeking the ultimate personalized spa experience, Currie offers massage, sauna treatments, facials, manicures, hair services, and other spa therapies.
Wilmington, Delaware: 17th-Century Colony with Famed American-Art Museum
From its humble beginnings as a Swedish colony in the mid-1600s, Wilmington is steeped in a rich historical past. You'll find this history preserved and celebrated throughout the city amongst the many museums and monuments. The Delaware Art Museum is home to a vast collection of American art, including many by Edward Hopper, John Sloan, and Howard Pyle. Pyle is also credited with having started the Brandywine School at the end of the 19th century, a local organization that helped usher in the golden age of American illustration. The nearby Delaware Contemporary is Delaware's only contemporary art museum that showcases the works of local, regional, national, and international artists through compelling exhibitions and dynamic educational experiences. Immerse yourself in the Hagley Museum where you'll tour the gardens, mansion, powder yards, and exhibits on the former E.I. DuPont family estate.
If it's entertainment you're after, look no further than The Playhouse on Rodney Square. This century-old theater located at Hotel Du Pont and run by the Grand Opera House presents Broadway shows and musicals, stand-up comedy acts, and concerts by touring artists. Within a few blocks discover The Queen Theatre where you'll find even more live music, or the Grand Opera House to take in symphony orchestras, opera performances, dance, stand-up comedians, and concerts. Get your feet in on the action by strolling the Wilmington Riverwalk along the Delaware River; a 1.3-mile riverfront path that leads to the area's best outdoor attractions including a beer garden, children's museum, and an IMAX theater to name a few.
Classic King Room or Luxury King Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Parking: valet parking only available, $35 per night.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: one pet may be added for an additional $100 per stay.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- 4-star restaurant
- Bake shop
- Happy hour (hosted in lobby)
- Fitness center
- Gift shop
- Free WiFi
- Currie, a full-service salon and spa
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total LivingSocial rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by LivingSocial after check-in
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings
About HOTEL DU PONT
- Nearest airport: Philadelphia International Airport (PHL; 21 mi)
- Nearest train stop: Wilmington Station (1 mi)
- Cab fare: about $54 from PHL
- Distance from Philadelphia: 32 miles