What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a city-view king room or city-view double-queen room,
- Kids 17 or younger stay free
Hotel at a Glance: Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Nags Head Oceanfront
If you’re traveling to the Outer Banks, you’d be remiss not to stay on the beach. This hotel sits on a long stretch of sand leading into the Atlantic. If it’s warm enough, you can spend the day lounging on the beach, bicycling, or simply walking along the gorgeous coastline. The indoor pool and hot tub provide a comforting retreat on winter days.
- Direct beach access: From this hotel’s doors, it’s only a short trek to the beach.
- Where you’ll stay: Guest rooms feature private balconies with views of the city, dunes, or ocean.
- Complimentary perk: hop on the free WiFi network and share your beach pictures with family and friends.
- Make a splash in the hotel’s indoor pool.
- Recent award: The hotel was voted one of North Carolina’s top 10 beachfront hotels by Resortandlodges.com.
- Convenient eats: The hotel is within walking distance of numerous restaurants, from barbecue joints to seafood spots.
- Within 15 miles of: the Wright Brothers National Memorial and Roanoke Island, the site of the infamous Roanoke Colony
The Northern Beaches of North Carolina’s Outer Banks: Idyllic Towns, Sand Dunes, and Wright Brothers History
Dubbed the “East Coast’s recreational playground” by Frommer’s, the Outer Banks is a string of narrow barrier islands that hugs the northern coast of North Carolina. Vacationers have flocked to the islands’ postcard-worthy beaches and idyllic villages since the 18th century. The most northerly island in the Outer Banks, Bodie Island, is home to five such towns, known collectively as the Northern Beaches: Duck, Southern Shores, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, and Nags Head.
Head to Kill Devil Hills to see the Wright Brothers National Memorial Park, where a large granite boulder commemorates the spot where the world’s first powered flight took off, in 1903. The memorial also includes replicas of the brothers’ early gliders. Just outside the town of Nags Head lie some of the East Coast’s tallest natural sand dunes at Jockey’s Ridge State Park. Strong winds off the ocean constantly reshape the dunes and make the area a popular spot for hang-gliding and flying kites. Make the drive south to Cape Hatteras National Seashore, nicknamed the “Graveyard of the Atlantic” for the many ships that have crashed into its dangerous sandbars during storms. Here, you can catch a glimpse of the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, whose iconic exterior is a swirl of black and white stripes.
City-View King Room and Ocean-View King Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 3
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available
- COVID-19 Updates: Housekeeping services are not available during stay. Guest rooms are cleaned between guests only, with enhanced cleaning protocols. Requests for additional towels and other toiletries can be made daily with the front desk. Face coverings are required to be worn throughout the hotel, in all public areas at all times by staff and all guests. Restaurants operate at 50% capacity. Indoor pool is limited to maximum 15 people. Fitness room has a limit of maximum 3 people at a time
- Buffet breakfast available at additional fee of $7.95 per person; restaurant hours and days may vary
- Beachcombers Tiki Hut outdoor dining on site
- Direct beach access
- Indoor pool with hot tub
- Fitness center
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
- Business center
- Free parking
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total LivingSocial rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by LivingSocial after check-in
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings
About Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Nags Head Oceanfront
- Nearest airports: Dare County Regional Airport (MEO; 16 mi) and Norfolk International Airport (ORF; 86 mi)
- Cab fare: about $55 from MEO, including a 15% tip
- Distance from Virginia Beach: about 90 miles