Located one block from the beach, this Miami Beach hotel is boldly stylish, with a red-and-white color palette and French-inspired decor
Hotel at a Glance: Red South Beach Hotel
While Red South Beach Hotel is located in the heart of Miami Beach, much of its style feels borrowed from Paris. That’s because the boutique hotel’s interior designers blended French elements with modern chic in the guest rooms and public areas, from bright-red chandeliers to classical furniture coated with a shimmering silver sheen. A red-and-white theme permeates the property, surrounding guests with bold artistic flourishes.
- Hit the beach: The ocean is only a block away, and you can borrow beach chairs and towels from the hotel.
- Where you’ll stay: Guest rooms come with flat-screen TVs and wireless Internet access.
- Forgot your computer? No problem. You can borrow one of the hotel’s laptops.
- Where to eat: The onsite Barok serves a continental fare with dishes such as seafood risotto, and lighter snacks including sandwiches and croissants. Eat in the stylish dining room or al fresco by the pool.
- Cheers with an included bottle of champagne (per stay).
Miami’s South Beach: World-Famous Nightlife and Beaches
Just east of downtown Miami, on the barrier island that forms Miami Beach, you’ll find one of the world’s nightlife capitals: South Beach. The clubs along Ocean Drive are legendary for their boisterous, all-night blowouts—and for good reason. With all the rum-soaked mojitos, colorful neon, and celebrity sightings, it can feel like an endless party. Perhaps that’s why the area pops up so often in film and TV shows, including Burn Notice and The Birdcage.
The coast of South Beach is known as Lummus Park, which Frommer’s calls Miami’s “best beach for people-watching.” Head across the bay, to South Pointe Park or Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park, for quieter, more secluded shores.