All-Inclusive Costa Rica Adventure
If you like your vacations packed with adrenaline, this 8-day tour should be right up your alley. The tour is provided by Costa Rica Rios, which has been rated on National Geographic’s list of the Best Adventure Travel Companies on Earth. Set in the jungle and on the beaches of one of Central America’s most ecologically diverse landscapes, the adventure includes whitewater rafting, high-speed ziplining, mountain biking, rappelling, and more. Each option includes:
- 4 nights of accommodations at Hotel Villa Florencia in Turrialba
- 2 nights of accommodations at Pacuare Eco Lodge in Turrialba
- 1 night of accommodations at Cariblue in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca or similar
- Round-trip airport transfers
- All ground transportation within Costa Rica
- English-speaking guides
- All necessary activity equipment
- All park entrance and activity fees
- Gourmet meals
Days 1–2: Arrival and Kayaking Excursion
After flying into San José, you’ll be met at the airport by your guide. You’ll then be transported to the Costa Rica Rios base hotel, Hotel Villa Florencia, in the mountain-valley town of Turrialba. Spend the rest of the day settling in, relaxing in a hammock, or getting to know your fellow adventurers.
- All meals included throughout the trip, including a welcome dinner on the first night
- Kayaking trip: On day 2, you’ll paddle along the Rio Pejibaye. Be on the lookout for colorful birds and butterflies on the banks.
Days 3–4: River Rafting and Zipline Tour
After breakfast on day 3, you’ll set out on an overnight rafting trip along the lower Pacuare River, stopping along the 8-mile journey to hike to secluded waterfalls. You’ll spend the night at the remote Pacuare Eco Lodge.
- Lodge amenities include a showers, bathrooms, fully enclosed cabins, and great views of the river and surrounding jungle.
- Rainforest canopy tour: On day 4, you’ll go whizzing through the canopy on ziplines and rappel down trees.
- Soar through the jungle in the adrenaline-inducing Tarzan Swing and then take a hike to see the waterfalls.
Days 5–6: Whitewater Rapids and the Beach
Next, you’ll board the raft again for the most challenging portion of the Pacuare River, passing through Class III and IV rapids surrounded by untouched rainforest. The reward waiting at the end of the journey is a Caribbean beach where you’ll spend the night at Cariblue and can shop for souvenirs and dance to reggae music.
- Animals you might see: howler monkeys and sloths
- Fun in the sun: At the beach, you can go snorkeling along coral reefs or take a surfing lesson from one of your guides.
- Back to Hotel Villa Florencia: On day 6, you’ll travel through mountains to return to the hotel where you spent the first 2 nights.
Days 7–8: Land Adventures and Departure
On day 7, you have a choice to make: would you rather go mountain biking down a volcano or canyoneering in the rainforest? There’s no wrong answer.
- Mountain biking: Pedal down Irazú Volcano before coasting through a lush cloud forest.
- Canyoneering: Harness up for a day of scrambling down the rock face and rappelling down waterfalls in the jungle.
- Adios!: After breakfast on day 8, you’ll be taken to the airport to catch your return flight to the United States (airfare is not included with this deal).
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO) is 2 hours from the property. Round-trip airport transportation is included with this deal.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another voucher? The voucher is valid for 1–4 guests, depending on option purchased.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not included with the voucher.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? No. There is no dress code, and reservations are not required for any dining included in this trip.