What You Get
- Click here to see all options and departure dates
- Call Encounters Travel at (877) 260-3950 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the voucher deal page.
- All options priced per person, based on double occupancy, or pay an additional $399 fee to travel solo.
- Taxes: Tax included.
- Additional fees: Site entrance fees in total of €45 per person not included and payable during tour. Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier.
Know Before You Go
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S.
- Passports must be valid for at least six months after the date of travel, and contain at least two blank visa pages.
- Before international travel, always check the State Department’s website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.
- Official languages: Greek (Greece), Albanian (Albania), Croatian (Croatia), and Montenegrin (Montenegro)
- Currencies: Euro (Greece and Montenegro), Lek (Albania), and Kuna (Croatia)
- Buy one voucher per person.
8-Day Guided Trip Through the Balkans
Beginning in Greece and ending in Croatia, this tour of the Balkans takes you to an array of landmarks that tell the region’s story piece by piece. In Athens and the Acropolis, you’ll see monuments paying homage to mythical gods, including the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Parthenon, dedicated to the goddess Athena. You then head up the scenic Adriatic Coast, seeing the spectacular Bay of Kotor, the ancient walled city of Dubrovnik, and finally finishing in Split, famous for its beaches. This small-group tour from Encounters Travel includes:
Flights & Transportation:
- Round-trip airfare from New York City (specific gateway based on availability)
- All transport and transfers in a non-smoking air-conditioned vehicle
- Round-trip airport transfer
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact Encounters Travel at (877) 260-3950
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
Hotels (7 nights + 1 overnight flight)
- 2 nights of accommodations at Titania Hotel, Xenophon Hotel or similar in Athens
- 1 night of accommodations at Antoniadis Hotel or similar in Kalambaka
- 1 night of accommodations at Tirana International Hotel or similar in Tirana
- 1 night of accommodations at Valamar Club Dubrovnik or similar in Dubrovnik
- 1 night of accommodations at Splendido Hotel or similar in Kotor
- 1 night of accommodations at Hotel As or similar in Split
Attractions & Meals
- Daily breakfast
- Services of a professional local tour guide for all sightseeing tours
- Tipping kitty (except driver & guide)
- Panathenaic Stadium: Site of the first modern Summer Games in 1896, this ancient structure was built entirely from marble.
- Stroll through the Acropolis to marvel at ancient temples towering above the city. The most famous, the Parthenon, was built in the fifth century BC for the goddess Athena. It sits at the very top of the walled city center.
- Meteora: See amazing monasteries perched precariously on rockfaces and mountainsides
- Dubrovnik: Another UNESCO World Heritage Site, the magnificent ancient walled city of Dubronik is one of the Mediterranean’s premier tourist attractions
- Bay of Kotor: A spectacular fjord like system of bays and inlets in Montenegro
- Diocletian’s Palace: a UNESCO World Heritage Site that Lonely Planet calls “one of the most imposing Roman ruins in existence.”
Itinerary at a Glance
- Day 1: Fly to Greece
- Day 2: Arrive in Athens and transfer to your hotel.
- Day 3: Embark on a city tour of Athens stopping at the Panathenaic Stadium and parliament buildings, then head to Acropolis to see the Parthenon.
- Day 4: Visit Meterora—one of the largest Eastern Orthodox monasteries—then spend the night in the traditional Greek village of Kalambaka.
- Day 5: Make your way toward Albania, stopping at the Ottoman town of Gjirokastra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site known as “the city of a thousand steps.”
- Day 6: Go on a walking tour of Tirana visiting the Et’hem Bey Mosque and St. Paul’s Cathedral, then spend the night in the cobble town of Kotor.
- Day 7: Embark on a guided tours of the Bay of Kotor and the Croatian city of Dubrovnik, including a visit to the Big Onofrio’s Fountain.
- Day 8: Head down the Dalmatian Coast to Split, where you’ll visit Diocletian’s Palace, Milesi Palace, and the Monument of Marko Marulic.
- Day 9: Fly back to the United States.
How to Book
1. Choose departure city and dates from drop-down menus or “See Options” button.
2. Complete your order; a confirmation email is sent after your order processes.
3. Book your trip: Go to your account to view your voucher for Encounters Travel contact and redemption instructions. Book by 1/28/18.
Each person must buy a voucher; price is based on two people traveling together and sharing a room. Additional $399 fee to travel solo.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Airfare is available from New York. The supplemental fee to depart from a city that isn’t included is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking. Please contact Encounters Travel for more information.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you may extend your trip for a supplemental fee at the time of booking. Please call Encounters Travel for more information.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? The dates available are listed on each option. A limited number of seats are available on each date.
4. What happens if I buy the voucher and my travel dates are not available? You can either choose another date or be refunded. We suggest contacting Encounters Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a voucher, and can they stay in my room? All travelers must purchase a voucher. Must be 12 years or older to travel. Different occupancy arrangements may be requested with Encounters Travel at the time of reservation.
- Promotional value expires Jan 28, 2018. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 1/28/18 or promo value expires
- Reservation required, subject to availability
- Not valid on existing reservations
- Vouchers for flight packages must be redeemed by 2/2/18
- 57-day cancellation required for $250 refund; 42-day for $175 refund; 28-day for $125 refund; 14-day for $62.50 refund; 13-day for no refund
- Airfare nonrefundable after booking
- Must be 18+ to check in, 12+ to travel
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier
- Airline subject to change/availability
- Airfare includes carrier and government taxes & fees
- You may share a room with other people of the same sex booking onto the tour
- Voucher pricing is based on shared twin/double room occupancy; the single occupancy supplement is $399
- Single travelers may choose to pay a single room supplement to guarantee themselves a single room throughout the tour
- Alternatively, they may choose to share a twin room with another traveler of the same sex
- If there are no other single travelers available to pair up with at the time of booking, then single travellers will need to pay the single room supplement
- Encounters Travel will refund this later if they are able to pair people together
- Room shares are arranged in order of voucher redemption
- Please do not book international flights or connecting travel until we confirm minimum numbers have been reached
- Travel insurance covering medical costs, personal liability and repatriation for medical reasons is mandatory; policy details must be provided to Encounters Travel at least 1 month before departure (policy number, name of the issuing company, and the policy emergency contact details); travel insurance covering cancellation, missed/delayed departure and lost/stolen baggage is highly recommended
- Personal medical insurance does not normally provide sufficient cover
- A comprehensive policy is available from Encounters Travel for $68 (see website for more details)
- Hotels listed are our preferred options but alternative options of a similar standard may be used on some dates
- Bookings with Encounters Travel are only made after the voucher is redeemed and a booking confirmation email is sent
- Encounters Travel booking conditions and cancellation policy apply after vouchers are redeemed
- For more information, please see http://www.encounterstravel.com/booking_conditions.php Not all tours are handicapped accessible, please contact Encounters Travel at (877) 260-3950 to confirm
- When purchasing and gifting vouchers please list name(s) exactly as given on your passport(s)
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S
- Check the State Department’s website for entry/exit requirements
- Site entrance fees in total of €45 per person not included and payable during tour
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.