You’re viewing a property from our Premium Collection, a selection of top properties that are guaranteed to have a rating of 4 stars or higher.
Flights & Transportation:
- Round-trip airfare from
- New York City (specific gateway based on availability)
- Washington, DC (specific gateway based on availability)
- Boston (BOS)
- Chicago (ORD)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- All transport and transfers in a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Domestic flight from Istanbul to Izmir
- 24-hour airport arrival and departure transfer service
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact Encounters Travel at (877) 260-3950.
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
Hotels (7 nights in 4-star and boutique hotels + 1 overnight flight)
- 2 nights of accommodations at Sirkeci Mansion Hotel or similar in Istanbul
- 2 nights of accommodations at Ilayda Avantgarde Hotel or similar in Kusadasi
- 1 night of accommodations at Colossae Thermal Hotel or similar in Pamukkale
- 2 nights of accommodations at Elevres Stone House Hotel or similar in Urgup
Attractions & Meals
- 7 breakfasts and 5 dinners
- Services of a local tour guide through the trip
- Entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary
- All tours and activities displayed in the itinerary are included in the package price
- Small-group tour: minimum of 2, maximum of 20 people
Tour Itinerary at a Glance
Istanbul is a city that straddles continents. Set along the Bosphorus Strait, this vibrant, thriving metropolis is either the end of Europe or the beginning of Asia, depending on how you look at it. Amid mosques, bazaars, chic restaurants, and modern nightclubs, you’ll find evidence of the city’s important role in the Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman Empires.
- Day 1: Depart for Turkey.
- Day 2: Arrive in Istanbul and transfer to hotel. Early arrivals can visit the Egyptian Spice Bazaar, then take a boat tour around Bosphorous.
- Day 3: Visit the 17th century Blue Mosque, the Aya Sofya museum, Turkish and Islamic Arts Museum, and the Hippodrome during a city tour of Istanbul. Fly to the Mediterranean coastal town of Kusadasi.
- Day 4: Explore the amazingly well preserved Roman site of Ephesus, then visit the Temple of Artemis and the fruit-wine-growing village of Sirince.
- Day 5: Travel to see the stepped calcium travertines at Pamukkale and the ruins of the Greek and Roman city of Hieropolis. Take an optional dip in the spa waters.
- Day 6: Drive the historic Silk Road towards Konya, stopping at the Sultanhani Caravanserai and visiting the Mevlana museum - former home of the original Mevlevi Whirling Dervishes.
- Day 7: Explore the amazing scenery of Cappadocia with a full tour of Goreme Valley Open Air Museum, the fairy chimneys, and an ancient underground city.
- Day 8: Return to Istanbul with a pit stop in Ankara.
- Day 9: Last-minute leisure in Istanbul. Fly back to USA.
Call Encounters Travel at (877) 260-3950 for Questions About:
- Flying from any airport not listed here
- Extending your trip or traveling on dates not listed here
- The availability of your desired travel dates
- Traveling with kids; all travelers, including kids, must purchase a voucher
- Booking optional tours and upgrades
Optional Tours & Upgrades
- Hot air-balloon flight in Cappadocia (pay locally, approx. $250)