Gate 1 Travel: 100,000+ of our travelers served since 2012
12-Day Tour of South Africa with Game Drives
In between tours of the bustling cities of Cape Town and Johannesburg, you’ll get to explore South Africa’s natural landscapes. That includes game drives in parks that are home to the Big Five: lions, elephants, buffalo, leopards, and rhinos. This tour from Gate 1 Travel includes:
Flights & Transportation:
- Airfare from New York City (specific gateway based on availability)
- Airline taxes and fuel surcharges
- Intracountry flight from Cape Town to Durban
- All transfers
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact Gate 1 Travel at (800) 682-3333.
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
Hotels (10 nights + 1 overnight flight)
- 4 nights of accommodations at Radisson Blu Hotel & Residence in Cape Town
- 1 night of accommodations at Anew Hotel Hluhluwe & Safaris in Hluhluwe
- 1 night of accommodations at Mountain Inn in Swaziland
- 2 nights of accommodations at Protea Hotel Hazyview in Hazyview
- 2 nights of accommodations at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank or Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Melrose Arch in Johannesburg
- Hotel porterage
Attractions & Meals
- 17 meals: 10 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 5 dinners
- Sightseeing per the itinerary in a modern air-conditioned motorcoach
- Game drives in modern 10-seater safari vehicles
- Services of an English-speaking tour manager throughout trip
- Entrance fees per itinerary
Optional Tours & Upgrades
- Home-cooked dinner and wine with a local family on day 4 ($55/person)
- Full-day cage dive with great white sharks on day 5 ($180/person)
- Full-day Cape Winelands tour with tasting on day 5 ($79/person)
Itinerary at a Glance
Note: your itinerary will change depending on the day of the week you depart.
- Day 1: Board an overnight flight to South Africa.
- Day 2: Arrive in Cape Town.
- Day 3: Tour the Cape Peninsula to spot wildlife such as baboons and zebras, and see the penguins of Boulders Beach.
- Day 4: Take a tour of Cape Town, then ride a cable car to the top of Table Mountain (weather permitting).
- Day 5: Enjoy a day at leisure in Cape Town.
- Day 6: Fly to Durban, then drive to St. Lucia for a game-viewing cruise.
- Day 7: Join a game drive at Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Game Reserve to see rhinos and other animals, then shop at a market in Swaziland.
- Day 8: Visit the Ngwenya glass factory and enjoy Swazi food and music at the Matsamo Cultural Village.
- Day 9: Go on a game drive in Kruger National Park.
- Day 10: Travel along the Panorama Route to see waterfalls and other natural wonders en route to Johannesburg.
- Day 11: Tour the Soweto neighborhood in Johannesburg, as well as Nelson Mandela’s former home and the Apartheid Museum.
- Day 12: Fly back to the United States.
How to Book
1. Choose departure city and dates from drop-down menus or “See Options” button.
2. Complete your order; a confirmation email is sent after your order processes.
3. Book your trip: Go to your account to view your voucher for Gate 1 Travel contact and redemption instructions. Book by 2/6/18.
Each person must buy a voucher; price is based on two people traveling together and sharing a room. Additional $500 fee to travel solo.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Airfare is available from New York City. The supplemental fee to depart from a city that isn’t included is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you may extend your trip for a supplemental fee at the time of booking. Please call Gate 1 Travel for more information.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the voucher and my travel dates are not available? You can either choose another date or be refunded. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a voucher, and can they stay in my room? All travelers, including children, need to purchase a voucher in order to travel. Different occupancy arrangements may be requested with Gate 1 Travel at the time of reservation.