What You Get
How to Book
- Choose your package from the drop-down menu.
- After purchasing this deal, follow the instructions on your voucher to book your trip with Great Value Vacations no later than 6/21/19.
Know Before You Go
- Additional taxes & fees: City taxes not included.
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S.
- Passports must be valid for at least six months after the date of travel, and contain at least two blank visa pages.
- Before international travel, always check the State Department’s website for important info on the destination and its entry/exit requirements.
- Official language: Italian
- Currency: Euro
8-Day Sorrento and Rome Vacation
Flights & Transportation:
- Round-trip airfare from
- Newark (EWR) or New York (JFK)
- Atlanta (ATL)
- Boston (BOS)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Manual economy class car rental for duration -upgrade to automatic available
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
Hotels (6 nights + 1 overnight flight)
- 4 nights of accommodations at Hotel O Sole Mio or similar in the Sorrento area
- 2 nights of accommodations at Grand Hotel Fleming or similar in Rome
- Daily breakfast
- Click here to check availability
Ideas for Your Vacation
The archaeological and artistic treasures of Sorrento can hold their own against those of any Italian city, including Rome and Florence. The city’s crown jewels are Pompeii and Herculaneum, which have sat frozen in time since Mount Vesuvius covered them in lava and ash in AD 79.
After a visit in Sorrento, you’ll venture to the capital city of Rome. All roads lead to Rome—and they’re likely to be clogged with Vespa scooters darting between cars at perilous speeds. But it’s worth braving the traffic to explore this historic and always exciting city, from which world-changing political, religious, and cultural empires have spread. Without leaving town, you can travel across centuries, walking in the footsteps of gladiators at the ancient Colosseum, marveling at the largest church in christendom at the Vatican, and catching glimpses of glamour straight out of Fellini’s La Dolce Vita at the fashionable shops on Via Condotti.
- See palaces and castles that Lonely Planet says “make Rome look positively provincial.” Among these are the Royal Palace and Castel dell’Ovo.
- Watch the sunset from the waterfront promenade after spending a day exploring the city’s many museums.
- Visit the island of Capri to go shopping and take a scenic coastal chairlift, which will give you aerial views of the Bay of Naples and Sorrento Peninsula.
- Head to the Vatican City in Rome to see the Sistine Chapel—where Michelangelo painted his famous frescoes—or St. Peter’s Basilica, Rome’s most-visited cathedral.
- Saint Peter’s Basilica is easy to spot in Rome’s skyline—it’s one of the largest churches on the planet.
- Trevi Fountain is flowing again after a long restoration. Take a moment to toss a coin in; legend has it that if you do, you’re destined to return to Rome.
- Epic architecture: Visit the majestic Colosseum to see where gladiators once battled lions (and one another) for glory in ancient Rome. Go early to avoid long lines.
Call Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 for Questions About:
- Flying from any airport not listed here
- Extending your trip or traveling on dates not listed here
- The availability of your desired travel dates
- Traveling with kids; all travelers age 2 and over are required to purchase a voucher
- Booking optional tours and upgrades
Optional Tours & Upgrades
- Copy stages are responsible for adding optional tours / upgrades with pricing, when applicable.
- Include a description of the tour, when applicable.
The Fine Print
- Promotional value expires Jun 21, 2019. Amount paid never expires.
- Book by 6/21/19 or promo value expires
- Limit 1 per person, may buy additional as gifts
- Reservation required, inclusions/airfare/airline subject to availability
- Additional fees may apply for some departure dates
- All cancellations are subject to penalties unless Great Value Vacations’ Travel Protection Plan is purchased
- The Travel Protection Plan costs 9% of trip cost (including add-ons purchased at time of booking)
- Please refer to Great Value Vacations’ Terms & Conditions for more details
- https://www.greatvaluevacations.com/travel/terms-and-conditions Airfare nonrefundable after booking
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at booking and check-in
- Baggage fees may apply and vary by carrier
- Airfare includes carrier and government taxes & fees
- Not all tours are handicapped accessible, please contact Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 to confirm
- A passport is required for all travel outside the U.S
- Check the State Department’s website for entry/exit requirements
- City taxes not included.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.