This is a pre-order item. It will be available for shipping by 3/06/19.
Pre-Order: Hibiscus Syriacus Rubra - Lucy Red - 1 Bare Root
- Root of Hibiscus Syriacus Rubra
- Also known as the Rose Of Sharon
- Large shrubs or small trees
- Trumpet-shaped flowers
- Blossom color: red
- Blooms from late summer into the fall
- Grows well in average soil
- Tolerant of summer heat
- Recommended planting region: zones: 5-8
- Estimated height when fully grown: 8”-12”
- Can be planted singly, used as a specimen plant, or grown as hedge plant
- Will be available for shipping by 3/06/19
Dig a hole about a foot deep and a foot wide. Set the plant in the hole, and fill it half full with soil. Water. After water is drained, fill the rest of the hole with the remaining soil. Then water thoroughly again and continue doing so regularly. Fertilize at planting and then again each year after flowering.
Planting flowers takes more than some digging and occasional watering. Read through this buying guide for tips on how to grow a healthy, colorful garden.