Encourage kids’ curiosity, promote reading skills, and explore over a hundred animal facts with this fast-paced interactive game
Leapfrog Leapreader Animal Adventure Interactive Board Game
- Interactive board game
- Designed to teach kids about animals and their habitats
- Allows for building a different board every time
- Each move will teach new science vocabulary and facts
- Promotes reading skills
- 5 engaging mini-games
- 4 action cards and hundreds of animal facts, and children will have fun
- Field guide with 3 bonus games that provide more information on animals and environment
- Works with LeapReader
- Recommended for children aged 4-8 years
- For 1-4 players
- Materials: plastic, cardboard
- Dimensions: 11”x7”x1”
- Recommended age guidelines for toys
As with most new technologies, necessity was the mother of Mike Wood’s invention. He was struggling to teach his young son to read, and was looking for a way to make the process fun. To make learning more interactive and exciting for the youngster, he repurposed a chip in talking greeting cards to create his first prototype—the LeapPad. Kids could insert a reading cartridge into the mini computer and use the stylus to help them learn the words.
As stores like Toys “R” Us and FAO Schwartz caught on to the product, the LeapFrog company was born. Since then, LeapFrog has branched out into other subjects and put their own spin on tech trends, with products like the LeapsterGS handheld game system, the new LeapPad tablets with educational apps, and a series of animated DVDs that both entertain and educate.
Our guide makes it easy to shop for kids' toys by age range. Learn about milestones at different ages and how to pick the best toys for your child's development.