Young volleyball enthusiasts can spend one or two sessions improving their skills with the help of experienced coaches
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
- The offer is valid for girls entering grades 6th–12th
- Sessions focus on developing the players’ skills and practicing both the basics and advanced techniques
- Camp schedule:
- session 1 is from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- open gym break from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- session 2 is from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- About the instructors: experienced coaches and former professional players
- What to bring: lunch, self-medication form if the camper will be taking medication during camp, snacks, water bottle (water and Gatorade available onsite), athletic gear (T-shirt, shorts, spandex, extra shirt, tennis shoes, kneepads), cash for the camp store
About Maryland Volleyball Camp
Maryland Volleyball Camps is run by head coach Adam Hughes, and together with his staff they teach volleyball to campers at several different levels. Using his extensive experience at coaching, Hughes develops practice plans that assist players in reaching their full potential. Skill development is emphasized by never skipping daily drills like passing and blocking in order to help develop team systems and concepts. These academies are available for young players in 4th grade in order to introduce them to the sport of volleyball and can go all the way up to 12th grade. The high school camps emphasize more on the combination of skills work, competition, and fun.