Enthusiasts of outdoor activities can spend a fun time exploring the local waters in a single or double kayak
About This Deal
- Departure location for the kayak wildlife tour: 1 West End Avenue, Oyster Bay, NY 11771
- Departure times for the kayak wildlife tour: by appointment; click here to view the schedule
- What’s included in the kayak wildlife tour: 90-minute kayak excursion led by an experienced naturalist, during which participants get to explore the diverse wildlife of the Oyster Bay estuary
- Single kayak restrictions: must be 8 or older; 250 lbs. max weight
- Double kayak restrictions: must be 5 or older; 425 lbs. max weight
- Younger than 16 must be accompanied by an adult; customers aged 16-17 may rent a kayak without being accompanied by an adult as long as a parent or legal guardian signs the waiver.
- Rental requirements: When renting, customers must leave an item of collateral at the front desk while they are on the water. Items included for collateral include a credit or debit card, or a current driver’s license. This is returned after completion of and payment for the rental.
- No beaching of the kayaks is allowed in order to preserve the condition and usability of kayaks and gear.
- Important Notice for Residents Outside the Town of Oyster Bay: Access to Theodore Roosevelt Park is restricted to Town of Oyster Bay residents only, unless one has a reservation at The WaterFront Center. Non-residents must be prepared to show their reservation at the park entrance. Reservation can be printed or displayed on an electronic device. Guests must state that they are visiting The WaterFront Center and need to provide an ID with a home address residing in one of the listed towns/villages.
- Are lessons included in the rental?: Customers will not get a formal lesson when taking out the kayak, but they can ask the dock staff who launch them out for some quick tips before their rental. Dock staff will help customers get in and out the kayak and get them started, but they will not go out on the water with them.
- What to bring: Bathing suit, light layers, hat, sunglasses, reusable water bottle, sunscreen, bag for loose items, towel
- It is recommended to leave mobile devices and other personal items in one’s vehicle.
About The WaterFront Center
The WaterFront Center offers an opportunity to have loads of fun and laughs while conquering the waters of Oyster Bay. They provide rental options like a single and double kayak, stand-up paddleboard (SUP), and a sailboat. Their customers also get a chance to explore the beauty of Oyster Bay National Wildlife Refuge with knowledgeable guides. Whether someone is a seasoned outdoor activity enthusiast or is hoping for an enjoyable first-time experience out on the water, The WaterFront Center has it covered.