A museum that displays the artifacts, archives and manuscripts dedicated to telling Miami’s stories
Error submitting request
Thank you for your response
About This Deal
- Free admission for children under 6
- Excludes ticketed and special events
- Masks are currently required for entry
About HistoryMiami Museum
HistoryMiami Museum is the largest history museum in Florida and a Smithsonian Affiliate. Accredited by American Alliance of Museums in 1979, the museum collect artifacts and shares Miami stories through various exhibitions and a city tours program lead by HistoryMiami’s historian, Dr. Paul George.
- Size: 70,000 square foot.
- Permanent Mainstay: Tropical Dreams: A People’s History of South Florida exhibition focuses on South Florida’s 10,000 year history from prehistoric times to the present day. The exhibition includes a 1920s trolley car, lost treasures from 17th- and 18th-century shipwrecks, artifacts from PanAm Airlines, as well as rafts built by Haitian and Cuban migrants.
- From the Press: In 2015, Miami New Times called HistoryMiami Museum the best Museum in Miami.