This class will cover basic beginner techniques in hand-building which is a pre-requisite for beginners working with clay
Groupon Customer Reviews
Error submitting request
Thank you for your response
About This Deal
After purchasing this deal, go to link to complete your redemption.
- All reservations are made through Eventbrite which is the link provided
- On your voucher there are instructions on how to make your reservation using your promo code (voucher number).
- Classes are offered Wednesday 6:30-9:00PM and Sundays 12:30-3:00PM
- Click here to view the calendar for upcoming classes
- Masks and vaccination required
- Age restriction: must be 18 years or older
About Tribeca Clayworks at Downtown Community Center
Enrichment, education, and recreation receive equal attention at Manhattan Youth Downtown Community Center. Originally founded in 1986, the organization has dedicated decades to strengthening lower Manhattan communities by providing inclusive programs for children and families regardless of background or income. The headquarters features everything from a heated indoor pool to media-production areas and rooms dedicated to ceramics and cooking classes. Special programs and summer camps provide diverse recreational and cultural activities intended to teach the importance of personal expression, social interaction, and active lifestyles.
Manhattan Youth Downtown Community Center offers nearly 500 classes and events each week. Many meet at the actual center, although the staff also arranges activities at nearby schools and local parks. The schedule includes sessions for all family members, including children, teens, adults, and seniors. By offerings dance lessons, fitness classes, recreational basketball leagues, after-school homework help, and other opportunities, the center strives to build a healthy, vibrant community.