Musical theatre lovers can delight in a streaming of Jane Austen’s classic stories re-imagined by Broadway’s-famous Paul Gordon
About This Deal
The Plot: Adapted from Jane Austen’s beloved 1813 romance, Pride and Prejudice tells the story of the four Bennet sisters as they navigate love, marriage, and social class distinctions in Regency-era England.
- The musical is an adaptation by Tony Award nominee Paul Gordon. The show was filmed at the Tony Award-winning TheatreWorks Silicon Valley in Palo Alto, CA., where it played its world premiere from December 4, 2019 to January 4, 2020.
- The production was directed by TheatreWorks’ Founding Artistic Director Robert Kelley and choreographed by Dottie Lester-White.
- The Plot: one of Jane Austen’s characters, Emma Woodhouse, is a precocious young woman whose misplaced confidence in her matchmaking abilities causes several romantic misadventures.
- Starring: Kelli Barrett as Emma Woodhouse and Timothy Gulan as Mr. Knightley.
Mid-century modern adaptation by Paul Gordon re-imagines the classic, keeping the original language intact.
- Both musicals are 120-minute long
- View Streaming Musicals’ FAQs
We get theatre magic
- A musical you can watch from the comfort of your couch
- A good fit for those looking for a nice, quick romantic musical
- Standout performance from the cast comes from the ever-hilarious, always reliable, and lovely Veanne Cox
- The laughs are genuine, and the parent-child relationships are well-conceived
PRIDE AND PREJUDICE
A charming night in the theatre (at home).
- A lovely chamber musical, with a sweet score, a fine cast, an excellent all round production that angle the manners makes Pride and Prejudice a perfect target for a musical. 94.1 KPFA review
- A musical that re-energizes and greatly enhances Jane Austen’s popular romantic tale
- Superior ensemble cast and the marvelous score and script by Tony-nominee Paul Gordon Steve Murray Broadway World.
- Experience a live version that tingly part of human existence that Austen’s characters experience so deeply but have such a hard time talking about Lily Janiak Datebook.
- A delightful pro-feminist interpretation of Austen’s classic, well worth seeing Henry Etzkowitz SPLASH Magazines.
About Streaming Musicals
Created by fellow artists and musicians, Streaming Musicals is here to make the art of musical theatre more accessible to all. Patrons can watch their favorite stories re-imagined by famous directors and composers on their electronic devices. Renting or purchasing from Streaming Musicals supports artists who are creating the shows, using the service's profit-sharing model.