Guests can explore the wonders of over 1000 handmade lanterns sculptured into Chinese-inspired light displays
Groupon Customer Reviews
Error submitting request
Thank you for your response
About This Deal
This holiday season, Lerner Town Square transforms into a dazzling world of light with over 1000 handmade artisan lanterns and displays. Indulge your friends and family in memorable photo opportunities. An interactive light experience you don’t want to miss!
- Handmade lanterns encompassing a world of ice
- Displays of mammoths, polar bears, and penguins
- Interactive light swings, see-saws, and tunnels
- Decorations including Chinese myths, legends, and zodiacs
A peek into the NYC festival from 2019.
- Food and drink: hungry bellies can be treated to festive foods from around the world, accompanied by hot or cold beverages
- Gift shop: one-of-a-kind holiday goods, artisan gifts, and stylish souvenirs can be found at the event gift shop
- What to bring: warm clothing (a thick jacket, hat, and gloves are recommended), weatherproof boots, camera, and a smile
- Duration of the event: starting from December 16, 2022, to February 12, 2023
- Working Hours: Friday - Sunday 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Location: Lerner Town Square, 8025 Galleria Drive
- Public transport: short walk from Tysons subway station
- Car and parking: search Lerner Town Square at Tysons II on your navigation. Parking is available across the street at 1800 Tysons Boulevard, Tysons. See here for parking passes
- "'Game of Thrones' isn’t filming there, but this creature does qualify as a special effect of sorts: Ablaze with LED lights, it is part of an inaugural Chinese-style lantern festival on the Cultural Center’s South Lawn." - The New York Times
- “This winter lantern festival in Staten Island is putting all of Manhattan's Christmas decorations to shame.” - Time Out New York
- “It’s a fantastic experience for all ages that shows the beauty of the Chinese culture, with art works, dances and so much more!” - Behind the Scenes NYC
⌚ Valid days and hours: The event starts December 16, 2022, until February 12, 2023. Please see the schedule for available days and times to redeem the voucher.
☎ Booking: No booking required; present Groupon on arrival.
✘ Restrictions: All ticketed guests in your party must enter the event at the same time.
Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings
About Winter Lantern Festival
In addition to the 150,000 spectators that visited during their 2018 debut, the NYC Winter Lantern Festival garnered attention from Time Out New York and the New York Times, the former claiming that the LED installations put "all of Manhattan's Christmas decorations to shame.” Produced by New York Events & Entertainment and the China National Tourist Office of New York, this signature event spans eight acres of the SnugHarbor Cultural Center and Botanical Garden. After strolling through the Chinese-inspired light display, visitors enjoy live performances of traditional Chinese dances, plus art and indigenous cuisine.