Certified guides introduce basic climbing skills on the ground before students with provided helmets and harnesses amble up outdoor cliffs
About This Deal
- Outdoor climbing
- Must be 8 years of age or older to participate in this course. Younger than 18 must have guardian-signed waiver.
- The day starts on the ground discussing basic climbing gear, movement on the rock/climbing techniques, balance and body positioning, and knots. In the 2nd part of the day, participants will be climbing on cliffs of various heights and rock types putting together what they learned and then we move on to belaying and more climbing.
- Course length: 6 to 8 hours (depending upon class size)
- What's Included: All technical equipment, harness, helmet, rock climbing shoes
- North Central & North West NJ
- Delaware Water Gap, NJ (Ricks Rocks)
- Chatfield Hollow State Park, CT
- Ragged Mountain, CT
- Ralph Stover State Park, PA
- Available Dates: This trip/course is available daily from mid-March until late November at most of the above locations.
11,000 Facebook Likes
View Northeast Mountain Guiding's ADVENTURE RAPPELLING promotion
View Northeast Mountain Guiding's WILDERNESS SURVIVAL promotion
About Northeast Mountain Guiding
Northeast Mountain Guiding provides an array of mountain activities including ice climbing. Professionals always strive to create a safe and encouraging environment and be there every step of the way to support their students. After all, they know ice climbing can be a strenuous activity that sometimes challenges beyond imagination. Especially those who only start their journey.