A fun and informative tour of a craft distillery making 1860 style spirits from an old family recipe; The reviews on Groupon say it all
About This Deal
All Option Packages.
- All tour packages regardless of size, include a tour of the distillery,
- A tasting of all the products we make.
- A complimentary etched "Old Soldier" Dram glass for each person in the tour.
The tour includes a discussion of the process of making fine Whiskey. Historical vignettes on Whiskey in American culture. Interesting facts about distillery operations, and a guarantee that most of the information is true. Read our reviews; it is a fun discussion of many things whiskey.
About Old Soldier Distillery
The first craft distillery in Tacoma was dubbed Old Soldier Distillery in part because of its heritage. Its spirits, which derive from old-fashioned corn whiskey, are made according to a Civil War–era recipe passed down from a distant relative. Check out the details of this traditional maker:
- The other reason for its name: owners Andrew Fairchok and Rodney Kaeding are both veterans
- The importance of the recipe: the small-batch whiskeys boast a unique and time-tested taste
- The other products: besides whiskey and bourbon, they also make fruit cordials and holiday spirits
- The distillery tours: their profits benefit the nonprofit Fisher House Foundation, which supports military families