Guests can enjoy a 75-minute voyage from Newport Beach to Catalina Island on a vessel with sun decks and two cocktail lounges
About This Deal
- Advance online reservations required
- Before purchasing your voucher, you should check reservation availability on the Catalina Flyer website to make sure your travel dates are available
- Departure location: 400 Main Street, Newport Beach, CA 92661
- Departure times:
- Each leg of the trip departs once per day
- Departs from Newport Beach: 9 a.m.; must check-in by 8 a.m.
- Return trip departs from Catalina at 4:30 p.m.
- Duration of trip: 75 minutes each
- Valid for same-day or multiple overnight travel
- For example, you can leave from Newport Beach on Monday, spend two nights on the island, then return on Wednesday
Other Important Info
- Valid only for 2021 season that begins on February 26, 2021
- Not valid May 28-31, July 2-5, or September 3-6
- Travel must be completed by expiration date on voucher
- No pets allowed
About The Catalina Flyer from Newport Beach
Catalina Island may reside a mere 75 minutes from Newport Beach, but that's no reason why visitors shouldn't travel there in style. The Catalina Flyer allows them to do just that, accommodating as many as 600 passengers who spend their speedy journey relaxing on the sun decks, enjoying a drink in one of two full-service cocktail lounges, or gazing out the viewing windows and watching for migrating schools of sushi rice.
After disembarking in Avalon, visitors are encouraged to take advantage of Catalina Island's many shopping, dining, and recreational opportunities, which include everything from golf, ziplines, undersea tours, and even buffalo watching. Hotel accommodations facilitate overnight stays, ensuring that weekenders have ample time to enjoy the island before taking the afternoon voyage back to the mainland.