Students learn basic hang glider controls and safety before taking flight strapped next to to an experienced instructor
About This Deal
After purchasing this deal, if you choose to book a reservation online you will need to visit the website listed on your voucher to complete redemption.
- Weight restrictions: 220 lbs. max weight
- Height restrictions: 6 feet, 2 inches max height
- Age restrictions: younger than 18 must be accompanied by guardian
- Gliding altitude: 1500 feet above ground level
- Length of session: 10-minute flight on average
- Parking: Parking is located outside of the airport property. Upon arrival call (845) 467-8090 to arrange pick-up by either a car or golf cart to the flight line.
About US Hang Gliding
Bryon and Bill Estes, co-owners of US Hang Gliding, have grown up in aviation. At the age of 14, Bryon started learning about aviation at Tek Flight in Winstead. Meanwhile, at 16 years of age, Bill constructed his first hang glider out of wooden hand rail moldings, 8 mil sheet plastic, and duct tape.
With so many years of experience behind them, they use multiple methods like tow tandems, scooter towing and hill lessons to help tailor each student's experience to match their individual needs. The lesson types offered are Tandem Aero Towing, Solo Aero Towing, Scooter Towing, Hill training and Mountain Flights.