We combine the best of cultural and food tourism, the only tour to give you a feast, not shared tastings. We begin with a walk as we examine and photograph (Very InstaWorthy) some of the Austin Weird that dates back to 1948. While visiting a former Union House from that era we relax with a glass of Texas wine and a bite to eat, we will spend about 30 minutes relaxing. Our tour continues as we grab some Texas bbq and proceed into more wonderful weirdness. We don't go too far until we have another refreshment stop, a glass of locally made cider and one of Texas oldest foods, which came from the Czech Republic but has become a whole new concept in Texas. Take another half hour to refresh. Soon a relaxing point in the park where we can take pictures and enjoy the lake. Our moment of Zen continues while we head to some of the best Pecan pie we have ever tasted. Afterwards we will tell you the secret of this pie. No shared plates, or shared bites.
History never been so delicious.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Peter Pan Mini Golf, 1207 Barton Springs Rd, Austin, TX 78704-1007
One of my photo and instagram opportunities as we see the weirdness of Austin that dates back to 1948
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Carpenters Hall, 400 Josephine St, Austin, TX 78704, USA
We stop to enjoy Texas Wine or Beer and relax under the Pecan trees, with a little nibble to enjoy. The stunning indoor architecture dates back from the days when this was a Union Hall.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Green Mesquite BBQ, 1400 Barton Springs Rd, Austin, TX 78704, USA
We drop by for a bit of BBQ to go and enjoy on our walk as we view the stuffed animal museum and the 10 foot tall Lady, you won't find the Weird in Austin on any map, but I guarantee it is there.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Austin Eastciders Barton Springs - Restaurant, 1530 Barton Springs Rd, Austin, TX 78704, USA
The bite we try is pure Austin and filled with the history that goes back to founders of this city. And of course we sit back and enjoy some cider, non alcoholic drinks are available if you choose.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Barton Creek Greenbelt, 200 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78704-1046
A Zen walk before we venture to our hidden final feasting location. This is one of the most beautiful and relaxing parts of Austin
Duration: 22 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum age is 18 years
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Some of our venues require a mask as we walk through, however the majority of the tour and seating are outside, so bring one, but you won't need it for long.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- All restaurant staff tips
- Entry/Admission - Green Mesquite BBQ
Dougherty Arts Center, 1110 Barton Springs Rd, Austin, TX 78704, USA
3 hours 15 minutes
Casa de Luz Village, 1701 Toomey Rd, Austin, TX 78704, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. LivingSocial is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Austin Food Tour - A Moveable Feast Tour in connection with this deal. Please contact LivingSocial customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to LivingSocial.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- LivingSocial promo codes may not be used for this offer. LivingSocial voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.