My passion for history and years of experience giving tours for hundreds of clients has allowed me to hone my ability to cut to the core of a place and give essential information to understand what happened there. I however, also give enough unique and personalized stories to allow clients to get a real feel for a location.
I believe that a tactile experience, one when a person stands in a place where important and intense history was made, allows people to gain a greater understanding of a location. If someone is a completely new to a location and knows nothing about the history, I can give a strong introductory explanation which goes beyond just dates and names. Also, if someone has a deep understanding of the history, I can give facts and details that will add to that understanding. These tours will appeal to all levels of interest.
At FFC Historical Tours, we strive to give clients an enjoyable informative tour. We hope to have the honor of your business.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monocacy National Battlefield, 4801 Urbana Pike, Frederick, MD 21704-7307
Our tour will take visitors to a number of locations on the battlefield.
We will meet in the parking lot of the Monocacy Battlefield Visitor's Center. Tour participants are welcome to visit center before or after the tour. We will visit the Best Farm, used by confederate snipers during the battle. Our stop will take us to the Worthington Farm and discuss the crossing of the Monocacy river by Confederate forces. We will see the Vermont and Pennsylvania Monuments on the Thomas Farm and hear a number of stories of the men who served in these units. Our tour ends at Gambrill Mill which served as a field hospital during the battle and was the location of last stand of the Union forces. Our tour will circle back and end at the Visitor's Center.
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Private transportation
- Tour Guide
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. LivingSocial is not affiliated with or sponsored by the FFC Historical Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact LivingSocial customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to LivingSocial.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- LivingSocial promo codes may not be used for this offer. LivingSocial voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.