This tour is unique because you will visit Harlem with a tour set up by a local tour guide who has lived here and made this tour extremely interesting on all the sites we will take you to feel like a local New Yorker. Let' s show the real Harlem! Then we will finish at a Church we booked for you and your guests for a 1 hour concert of a gospel choir who has been featured in many movies, television show, ads and music video! This tour only happens every Saturday because we are able to get this amazing choir on this day. This is not a mass service but a concert so join us for this amazing and historic tour that you will not forget!
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Harlem, 110th to 150th streets, New York City, NY
Discover historic Harlem from every angle on this one-of-a-kind tour on a weekday. Your guide will share fascinating anecdotes about this culturally rich Manhattan neighborhood that was home to such great African American figures as Marcus Garvey, Zora Neale Hurston, Duke Ellington, Josephine Baker, W. E. B. Du Bois, Louis Armstrong, Langston Hughes and Malcolm X.
Take this fun bus tour of Harlem to gain a deep understanding the neighborhood and its magnificent architecture and rich history. We’ll pass by iconic landmarks such as the Apollo Theater, the Cotton Club, City College, Speaker’s Corner, Hotel Theresa, Schomburg Center. We’ll marvel at the beautiful homes and architecture in the historic district and pass by additional places where great activists fought for their community’s rights. Finally, we’ll visit a local church in Harlem to experience the awe of warm, uplifting and unforgettable gospel voices in a private 1 hour concert!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Apollo Theater, 253 W 125th St, New York City, NY 10027-4408
We will pass by the Apollo Theater, you will have 15 minutes to walk and take pictures on this historic 125 Street and theater. (*we do not visit the inside of the theater).
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Columbia University, 116th Street, New York City, NY 10027
Discover the prestigious University of Columbia located in Harlem.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine, 1047 Amsterdam Ave, New York City, NY 10025-1747
We will pass by the Cathedral Church St John the Divine so you can take pictures in front of it. We do not go inside.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Riverside Church, Riverside Drive at 120th Street 91 Claremont Ave, New York City, NY 10027-5706
Located on the Upper West Side, on the edge of the Morningside and Harlem communities of New York City, the edifice is modeled after the 13th Century gothic cathedral in Chartres, France. Its gothic tower stands as a beacon to the world and continues to bring people with very different perspectives together. Martin Luther King did a speech there before going to his civil rights movements in Alabama.
Pass By: General Grant National Memorial, 122nd St And Riverside Dr Riverside Park, New York City, NY 10027
Grant's Tomb, officially the General Grant National Memorial, is the final resting place of Ulysses S. Grant, 18th president of the United States, and his wife, Julia Grant. It is a classical domed mausoleum in the Harlem neighborhood.
Pass By: Strivers' Row, W. 138th and W. 139th Sts. between Adam Clayton Powell Jr. and Frederick Douglass Blvds. Harlem, New York City, NY
The St. Nicholas Historic District, known colloquially as "Striver's Row", is a historic district located in the Harlem neighborhood of Manhattan.
Pass By: Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, 515 Malcolm X Blvd Harlem, New York City, NY 10037-1801
W will drive by The Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture which is a research library of the New York Public Library and an archive repository for information on people of African descent worldwide.
Stop At: Mt Olivet Baptist Church, Bl Malcom X Harlem, New York City, NY 10027
We will pass by Mt. Olivet Baptist Church which is a historic church in the Harlem neighborhood of New York City. The church building was constructed in 1907 for Temple Israel.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Masjid Malcolm Shabazz Mosque, 102 W 116th St, New York City, NY 10026-2500
Masjid Malcolm Shabazz, formerly known as Mosque No. 7, is a Sunni Muslim mosque in Harlem, New York. It was formerly a Nation of Islam mosque where Malcolm X preached until he left it for Sunni Islam in 196
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Videos and pictures: We reserve the right to record video footage and photographies in connection with future promotional and publicity for MAD Tours and Events on social media and website.
- This tour is available for disabled guest in wheelchairs. If you use a wheelchair that folds, we are able to accommodate you in the front row of our coaches. Your wheelchair will be stored in the luggage compartment. Guest with limited mobility must be accompanied at all times. Many churches have steps, so it is important to take these into account. If you have a specific request, please notate in the special requirements and contact us directly so we can assist. Phone number will be on your ticket. We can provide a translator for sign language. Please contact us for rates and availability.
- Please note that if you do not show up on the day of your tour or activity, your tour is forfeited.
- Belongings: Mad Tours and Events is not responsible for any personal items which are lost, stolen or left behind.
- Passenger Voucher check-in Instructions: On the day of tour or activity, please arrive 15 minutes early to the tour departure point at the indicated address sent with your confirmation.
- Please specify what langage you speak when you make the booking in the special requirements field
- Each motorcoaches can accommodate up to 53 guests or we may downsize depending on how many guests booked and transportation may be done by minibus
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Private concert fee in a Harlem church by a Choir who has been featured in music video, TV show, Ads
- Tips for the guide
- Transfer to the meeting location of the bus
- Personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Apollo Theater
- Entry/Admission - Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine
- Entry/Admission - Mt Olivet Baptist Church
The Food Emporium & Amish Kitchen, 810 8th Ave, New York, NY 10019, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. LivingSocial is not affiliated with or sponsored by the MAD Tours and Events in connection with this deal. Please contact LivingSocial customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to LivingSocial.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- LivingSocial promo codes may not be used for this offer. LivingSocial voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.