Join a certified naturalist on a 2-hour nature boat tour throughout Charleston's waterways. The small group will discover Charleston's abundant coastal wildlife, while cruising Charleston Harbor as well as landing on Morris Island where you will be able to explore on foot and look for shells and hopefully, find some shark's teeth. On the excursion, get a glimpse of Bottlenose dolphins and pull your crab pots to see how many crabs you caught that day. You will also see the amazing picturesque views of the skyline of Charleston and the Atlantic Ocean.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Coastal South Carolina, Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
On this tour of Charleston Harbor and its amazing waterways and incredible uninhabited islands, the guide will show you numerous species of shorebirds such as Great Blue Herons, Snowy Egrets, Eastern Brown Pelicans, and Least Terns in their natural habitat. You will also see dolphins that are often at play as they demonstrate their presence in the creeks and the harbor.
The small group will also see Morris Island, an 840-acre island that lies in the outer reaches of the harbor, which was strategically built because of its location in the American Civil War. Morris Island was heavily fortified to defend Charleston harbor and now is home to a beautiful ecosystem with amazing picturesque views.
The group will also explore Barrier Island as the naturalists will continue to explore the beach with you and explain the habitats of the abundant wildlife as seen in Charleston Harbors’ estuaries.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Fort Sumter National Monument, Charleston, SC 29482-9748
Pass by Fort Sumter as we make our way towards Morris Island.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Maximum is 15 people per booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 49 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- *Health Check* - If you or anyone in your group is experiencing COVID 19 symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour. *Masks Optional* - Masks are not required and are NOT provided. Recognizing that each guests have their own level of comfort, they are optional. BYOM
- Food and drinks
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. LivingSocial is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sandlapper Water Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact LivingSocial customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to LivingSocial.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- LivingSocial promo codes may not be used for this offer. LivingSocial voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.