What You'll Get
You’ve seen the major sites in Washington DC — the Capitol Building, the Smithsonian Museums and the thought-provoking memorials — but did you ever wonder about the people who built this great city? Join us on a foodie tour of H Street, the neighborhood that housed the builders and artisans who built the city and made it come to life.
After introducing ourselves at the meeting point, we’ll kick off the tour with a delicious snack from a local grocery store and a sip of a very special drink that has helped the beverage industry in DC skyrocket in recent years.
We will continue to make a loop around the H Street Corridor, visiting restaurants, markets, churches and historic sites. Our foodie stops will vary depending on what is available that day but we can promise a culinary rollercoaster ride that may include freshly baked local bread, popular sweet treats from an outstanding local bakery (like mom used to make!) and a slice of the capital’s best pizza.
Along the way, you’ll hear some amazing stories about the people who used to live and work in this district, learn how food has played a big part in bringing the community together and taste for yourself why DC’s food scene is enjoying a much-deserved resurgence.
After we have filled you up with some of the best food in the city, don’t forget to ask your local guide for more hints and tips on how to get the most from your stay in Washington DC.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- Please dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather, as much of the tour takes place outdoors.
- A maximum of 12 people per tour
- Minimum drinking age is 21
- Local English-speaking guide
- food and drink samples
- craft beer tasting
- Food and drink options may vary on each tour, depending on what is in season and what is available.
- Additional food and drinks, souvenirs and personal shopping, tips/gratuities for your guide.
Corner of 3rd St and H St NE.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. LivingSocial is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Urban Adventures USA in connection with this deal. Please contact LivingSocial customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to LivingSocial.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.