13 Nontraditional Bachelorette Party Ideas
You’ve recently been appointed maid of honor, and you’re looking for creative bachelorette party ideas to toast your bride-to-be BFF. Consider ditching the usual night of barhopping and get creative instead. After all, not everyone wants to spend the night drinking margaritas out of a penis straw while wearing a sparkly tiara. There are plenty of nontraditional bachelorette party ideas that promise to please bridal crews of all stripes.
If...she’s the outdoorsy type
Then...book a weekend getaway
Coordinate your flannels at a cabin in the woods, where you can spend the day hiking and the evening telling ghost stories—or playing bachelorette party games—around the campfire. Or rent a cottage on the beach, where the focus is more R&R.
- Party essentials: Pack everything you need to make s’mores and the bride’s favorite cocktails, and ask the group to bring dishes to share.
- Take it to the next level: Since you’ll likely have some downtime, search for some active things to do in the area. Look into a kayaking excursion, or even rock climbing if everyone’s game.
If...she’s a foodie
Then...surprise her taste buds at a new restaurant
If your girl loves to check out buzzworthy eateries, surprise her with a bachelorette party reservation at the fancy new Brazilian steak house or the hole in the wall with killer cocktails. Keep the destination a secret till you roll up outside.
- Party essentials: Have everyone dress up for the occasion. You can even schedule a hair and makeup appointment for the bride so she looks stunning in all the photos.
- Take it to the next level: When you make the reservation, ask for a behind-the-scenes tour of the kitchen, where she’ll get to see the chefs in action.
If...the gym is her happy place
Then...sign up for a group class
First, a caveat: make sure everyone wants to get sweaty before you sign up for the bride’s favorite hot yoga class or high-powered cycling session. But if the gang is enthusiastic, it’s a nontraditional bachelorette party idea and a way to bond over an intense workout.
- Party essentials: Matching leggings, anyone? And perhaps a custom-printed tee to remind you that you’re all in this together.
- Take it to the next level: Afterward, soak up the rejuvenating effects of exercise by relaxing in a salt cave or pampering skin with a group facial.
If...she’s a homebody (and proud of it)
Then...host a sleepover bachelorette party
Easily the most budget-friendly option, an at-home sleepover bachelorette party is sure to last into the wee hours of the morning with risqué games, dancing, and some good old-fashioned Truth or Dare. PJs required.
- Party essentials: Have everyone bring along a bottle of wine and a snack to go with it, and queue up a few raunchy comedies.
- Take it to the next level: Curate a playlist with Top 40 songs from high school—it’ll make for a guaranteed nostalgia trip, along with some group hair-braiding and rounds of MASH.
If…quirky is her middle name
Then...think way outside the box
Has the bride always wanted to visit a psychic? Though the seer may not be able to forecast the weather for the big day, getting everyone’s tarot cards read is sure to be fun—and potentially insightful. Another option is putting your heads together at an escape room, where you’ll solve puzzles and find clues to break out of a locked room.
- Party essentials: Just an open mind and a sense of adventure.
- Take it to the next level: If the bride is a real thrill seeker, she’ll enjoy getting her adrenaline pumping at a group skydiving excursion. Not for the faint of heart!
The Guide: we cover the coolest food, beauty, and entertainment trends happening nationwide.