Flight lessons include an hour of in-air flight instruction that counts toward FAA pilot-license requirements
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
- Each lesson includes:
- One hour of ground instruction
- One hour of in-air flight instruction
- One-hour aircraft rental (two-seat airplane)
- AeroDynamic Aviation membership (San Jose only)
- Headset rental
- Mini logbook
- AOPA membership, including a six-month subscription to Flight Training magazine
- All flights are in our 2-seat aircraft. Given advance notice, flyers may upgrade to 4-seat aircraft for $20 per flight(upgrade required for Monterey and Salinas locations)
- All in-air time counts toward the FAA pilot-license requirements. Given advance notice, flyers may also bring along passengers to join the flight experience for $20 per person, subject to weight restrictions.
- Ground school introduces students to basic flying techniques, including how to properly preflight the aircraft.
- During flying lessons, students will have the chance to perform takeoff and do the majority of the flying, receiving help from the instructor for the landing.
- Logbooks record the experience, which counts toward a pilot’s license should students choose to pursue one.
About AeroDynamic Aviation
Founded in 1960, AeroDynamic Aviation has had plenty of time to amass a fleet of small planes. In addition, its instructors have similarly acquired tons of experience flying every type of vehicle. Where many flight schools might have a fleet limited to a Cessna or two, AeroDynamic Aviation offers the opportunity to fly Aeronca Champs, Cessna 170s, Cessa 172s, SportStars, and complex and twin-engine airplanes. During lessons, students are guided by instructors through learning how to become a pilot, perform a preflight inspection, and maneuver through takeoff, climbs, and straight-and-level flight, eventually graduating to advanced moves such as steep turns and outracing dragons.