Families with young children can spend an afternoon floating the calm waters through Marshall Gold Discovery Park with an experienced guide
About This Deal
- Clients float on an eight-person raft with a guide. Clients over 14 can request tubes or kayaks at check-in.
- Departure time: 1:30 p.m., check-in recommended 30 minutes before
- Departure location: 7321 River Park Dr, Lotus, CA 95651
- Age restriction: must be 4 or older
- Meals are not included
- $6.00 per person river trip fee required
- Click here to view the schedule
- About the guide: has more than 15 years of professional rafting experience
- Notable sights: class 1 and 2 rapids, Marshall Gold Discovery Park
- What to bring: picnic lunch, portable chairs for the beach, swimsuit/ shorts, tennis shoes, sports sandals or wetsuit boots, sunglasses, sunscreen, hat, T-shirts or rash-guard shirts, dry clothes for after the river.
- The Lazy river trip is designed for families with young children. We recommend our 2 hour lazy river float on the Lotus Section of the South Fork American River. Enjoy floating the class 1 and 2 waters of this scenic stretch of river with one of our skilled and friendly guides. This section of river runs through the Marshall Gold Discovery Park where gold was discovered in 1848 and led to the California Gold Rush. Our trips are designed to be low risk and will comply with current California health guidelines during the phase 2 reopening. Minimum age is 3 years.
- You and your family group will raft with one of our guides. Active adults and teenagers may choose to take one of our inflatable kayaks or river tubes for a more exciting trip. Our guides will recommend which craft is best suited for your group when you check in.
- The total length of this trip from check in to take-out is about 2 hours. This may change either way depending on size of group and water levels. Check in time for this trip is 1:30 PM.
About Beyond Limits Adventures
The expert guides at Beyond Limits Adventures know the South Fork American River like the backs of their hands. Especially the Upper Chili Bar section of the South Fork American River, where the company has been hosting rafting trips since 1980. Not only do the guides know the best way to run along the river, but they have an intimate understanding of something more important: rafting is more fun when expert guides are teaching tricks, and Beyond Limits Adventures guides work to beyond Limits guides work hard to show their clients a fun time on the river. Photos of the trip are captured by a professional photographer and available to view and purchase after the ride, allowing guests to remember every detail.