Participants can take their first scuba steps during an introductory class or work toward open-water certification during a 2–3 weeks course
About This Deal
- What’s included in the PADI full open-water scuba certification course:
- Classroom and pool training
- Two-day outdoor open-water certification dives at the Homestead Crater
- Materials and $20 store credit toward the purchase of mask, snorkel, and fins
- Two additional supervised fun dives (scooter dive and altitude dive) after certification
- The certification class meets 4–6 times, typically taking 2–3 weeks to complete
- Before enlisting in the course, attendees must be able to tread water for 10 minutes and swim 200 yards without stopping.
- Students of the course must provide their own dive mask, snorkel, and fins
All participants of the course are required to pay a $27 entry fee to the Homestead Center for both days of open-water training plus the additional day of the fun dives.
What’s included in the discover scuba class: 60 minutes of class with most of it spent under pool and basic safety skills and equipment instruction before that
- Group lessons
- Age restrictions: must be 10 or older
About Dive Utah
Divers as young as 9 can try on their flippers at Dive Utah to breathe underwater for the first time during Discover Scuba classes. Alternatively, more experienced students can hone their skills through open-water dives and more extensive training that can put them on their way to becoming instructors themselves. They can also strive to become PADI Master Scuba Divers, a certification that comes after 50 logged dives, at which point masters might feel it necessary to start wearing black belts to the pool.