What You Get
- Stay for two in a queen room or two-double room
- Up to two kids 11 or younger stay free in a two-double room
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Additional fees: $60 credit card authorization paid at check-in. $15 urban fee plus tax paid at check-in and charged per night.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: Hotel Felix Chicago
The 4-star Hotel Felix seamlessly combines the stateliness of its 1920s building with an interior design that fits in with the rest of the ritzy River North neighborhood. In the lobby, overstuffed chairs sit before a flat-panel fireplace, and an old-fashioned rotary phone on the wall hints at the building’s roots. But its most contemporary features are its eco-friendly initiatives, which range from motion-sensor heating to its LED and compact fluorescent lighting.
- A comfy retreat: Each guest room is outfitted with robes, blackout drapes, and plush bedding.
- French bistro: Troquet’s menu puts twists on traditional dishes, like a vegetarian croque monsieur.
- Asian flair: Michelin Guide recommends Taketei sushi bar in Chicago
- Caffeine fix: Big Shoulders Coffee Shop pours freshly roasted brews from around the world.
- Fitness Center: workout and stay fit with the equipment of your choice.
Chicago’s River North: World-Class Art Galleries, Restaurants, and Nightlife in the Heart of Downtown
Bordering the Loop on the northern side of the Chicago River, the River North neighborhood is where the skyscrapers of downtown give way to the award-winning restaurants and trendy nightspots of the North Side. Once an industrial area, River North is today home to architectural gems—the Jenga-like Contemporaine residential building on Wells Street is a good example—as well as eateries to suit every appetite and budget.
In addition to a formidable culinary presence ranging from inventive Peruvian cuisine at Tanta Restaurant to Chicago classics such as Portillo’s, River North boasts the country’s largest concentration of art galleries outside of Manhattan. The River North Gallery District runs along Chicago, Superior, and Huron Streets, occupying century-old red-brick warehouses that have been converted into lofts and exhibition spaces. You can easily travel beyond River North using Chicago’s public transportation system; check out our guide to Chicago public transportation for tips on navigating the city like a local.
- One queen bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $20 per night for each additional guest 12 or older; kids 11 or younger stay free
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Daily $15 urban fee includes: two bottles of water upon check-in, morning coffee at Big Shoulders, high-speed WiFi, digital e-reader newspapers, access to fitness center, access to business center, and local phone calls.
- Parking: valet available with in/out privileges for an additional $60 per night.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- High-speed WiFi
- Restaurant and bar
- Sushi bar
- Coffee shop
- Lobby lounge
- Fitness center
- Complimentary cup of coffee or tea at Big Shoulders Coffee Shop (7 a.m.–10 a.m.)
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total LivingSocial rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by LivingSocial after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $60 credit card authorization paid at check-in
- $15 urban fee plus tax paid at check-in and charged per night.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Nearest airports: Midway International (MDW; 12 mi) and O’Hare International (ORD; 17 mi)
- Cab fare: about $45 from MDW and $60 from ORD, including a 15% tip
- Nearest transit stop: CTA Chicago Red Line L station