What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in La Pluma Retreat or six in a run of house Tipi
Property at a Glance: Tipis on The Guadalupe
These canvas Tipis don’t give guests the typical camping experience. Along with bedding for six, each extra-large cone has modern amenities including air conditioning and flat-screen TVs with digital television. There’s even a kitchenette with a stovetop and a mini-fridge for prepping home-cooked meals. Private bathrooms with walk-in showers assigned to each Tipi are in separate buildings nearby.
- Barbecue grills and fire pits create the feeling of a backyard hangout.
- Outdoor recreation with river access includes swimming, fishing, and tubing in the slow-moving waters.
Texas Hill Country: Pastoral Landscape of Ranches and Rivers
A picturesque region of rolling hills and valleys covered in bluebonnets in spring, the area of central Texas known as Texas Hill Country has been compared to the landscape of Tuscany by the New York Times. Texas Hill Country is a backyard playground for nearby cities, as it lies just west of Austin and northwest of San Antonio. Urbanites often escape here for the weekend to enjoy the slower pace and beat the heat—the region’s slightly higher elevation means it’s often less humid. With many state parks and spring-fed rivers, the Hill Country is also a haven for outdoorsy types; activities range from fishing and tubing to rock climbing. The Enchanted Rock State Natural Area, about 65 miles from Tipis on the Guadalupe, is popular thanks to its main attraction: a gigantic pink-granite dome in the middle of the park.
Extend your Guadalupe River stay by checking out this sister property - River Road Escapes
Run of House Tipi (Sweet Grass, Deer Run, Painted Pony, Red Cloud, Yellow Flower, Sitting Bull, White Buffalo, and Rising Moon)
- Three queen beds or two queen beds and one queen sofa bed
- Bathrooms located in separate building near Tipis
- Standard occupancy: 6
- Maximum occupancy: 6
La Pluma Retreat
- One king bed
- Full bathroom in unit
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- WiFi access
- TV room
- Barbecue grills and fire pits
- Waterfront deck
- Tube sales
- Outdoor games (ping pong, corn hole, and tetherball)
- 14-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total LivingSocial rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by LivingSocial after check-in
- Must be 25+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $49 mandatory cleaning fee per stay paid at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings
About Tipis on the Guadalupe
- Nearest airport: San Antonio International Airport (SAT; 39 mi)
- Distance from San Antonio: 51 miles