Gate 1 Travel: 100,000+ of our travelers served since 2012.
See Big Five on Safari in Kenya
Spend a week immersed in Kenya’s culture and landscape on this guided safari. The trip starts and ends in the capital city, Nairobi. In between, you’ll venture out for game drives in Soysambu Conservancy and the sprawling Masai Mara National Reserve to see lions, elephants, and more of Africa’s iconic animals. This tour from Gate 1 Travel includes:
Flights & Transportation:
- Round-trip airfare from New York City (specific gateway based on availability)
- Sightseeing in modern 7-seater safari van
- All transfers
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- For additional departure airports/pricing, contact Gate 1 Travel at (800) 682-3333.
- Airline & flight times determined at time of booking
Hotels (5 nights + 1 overnight flight)
- 2 nights of accommodations at Southern Sun Mayfair Nairobi or similar in Nairobi
- 1 nights of accommodations at Sunbird Lodge, Enashipai Resort & Spa, or similar in Nakuru
- 2 nights of accommodations at Mara Leisure Camp, Loyk Mara Camp, or similar in Masai Mara National Reserve
- Hotel porterage
Attractions & Meals
- 11 meals; 5 breakfasts, 3 lunch, and 3 dinners
- Restaurant tips throughout tour
- National park fees
- Safari game drives at national parks
- Sightseeing per itinerary
- Services of English-speaking driver-guide
Optional Tours & Upgrades
- Masai Mara sunrise balloon safari with breakfast on day 5 ($395 per person)
- Maasai Village visit on day 5 ($30 per person)
Itinerary at a Glance
- Day 1: Depart the United States on an overnight flight.
- Day 2: Check into your hotel after you arrive in Nairobi.
- Day 3: Ride to Lake Elmentaita, home to flamingos and more than 450 species of other birds, where you’ll go on an afternoon game drive in Soysambu Conservancy.
- Day 4: Ride to Masai Mara National Reserve for an afternoon game drive.
- Day 5: Spot wildlife on morning and afternoon game drives in Masai Mara.
- Day 6: Return to Nairobi and hand feed the long-necked residents of the Giraffe Centre.
- Day 7: Bid Kenya farewell as you leave for the United States.
How to Book
1. Choose departure city and dates from drop-down menus or “See Options” button.
2. Complete your order; a confirmation email is sent after your order processes.
3. Book your trip: Go to your account to view your voucher for Gate 1 Travel contact and redemption instructions. Book by 3/6/18.
Each person must buy a voucher; price is based on two people traveling together and sharing a room. Additional $500 fee to travel solo.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Airfare is available from the New York City metro area. The departure airport (JFK, EWR or LGA) will be advised at the time of booked based on availability. The supplemental fee to depart from a city that isn’t included is subject to departure date and availability at the time of booking.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you may extend your trip for a supplemental fee at the time of booking. Please call Gate 1 Travel for more information.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? The dates available are listed on each option.
4. What happens if I buy the voucher and my travel dates are not available? You can either choose another date or be refunded. We suggest calling Gate 1 Travel to redeem your vouchers as soon as possible so that you do not run into this problem.
5. Does my child need a voucher, and can they stay in my room? Each person, including children, will need a voucher in order to travel. Different occupancy arrangements may be requested with Gate 1 Travel at the time of reservation.