You’re viewing a property from our Premium Collection, a selection of top properties that are guaranteed to have a rating of 4 stars or higher.
Premium Collection: Hotel at a Glance: UNICO 20˚87˚ Hotel
Serving as a getaway destination for international and local guests alike, UNICO 20˚87˚ Hotel embraces the contemporary culture of the region. Designed with handmade locally-sourced materials and art, this 5-star resort caters exclusively to adults and offers vacationers all-inclusive services and luxe accommodations. In each Alcoba Ocean-View, a four-poster king bed looks out on the ocean. Outside, a terrace with a double hydro spa tub and a lounge area awaits. The in-room mini bar is stocked with each guest’s favorite drinks, and 24-hour room service keeps hunger pangs at bay. Off of the property, guests can take part in a plethora of curated private excursions, such as exploring the region’s alcoves with a local host or dining at local tastemakers’ preferred restaurants and bars. And there’s plenty of onsite culturally-inspired experiences offered, too. Cooking classes are taught by renowned local chefs and an executive mixologist uses local flavors and ingredients to craft specialty cocktails that are sure to impress.
- Five restaurants—including one helmed by celeb chef Christian Bravo—plate innovative eats ranging from snacks to gourmet dishes.
- Craft cocktails developed by the executive mixologist using the flavors of the Riviera Maya fill glasses at five bars.
- Enjoy live entertainment in the lounge as well as a variety of daily and nightly events.
- Special delivery: Snacks and drinks are brought to guests lounging by the pool or on the beach.
- Local inspiration: The hotel’s decor features works by area artists, and local chefs lead cooking classes for guests.
- Free high-speed WiFi and free calls to Canada and the continental United States keep travelers connected to the outside world.
- Offsite adventures: A host can help arrange canoeing excursions and visits to Mayan ruins.
- Local host Anfitrión is available to assist guests with everyday needs, from making a spa appointment to reserving a beach chair
- Fitness center offers a state-of-the-art gym and a variety of meditation, yoga, and beachfront classes that include visiting instructors.
- Get a massage and schedule a tour for a 20% service fee of the retail value.
Mexico’s Riviera Maya: Rich with History and Tropical Calm
Just south of Cancún, the Riviera Maya is a nearly 80-mile stretch of Caribbean coastline fronted by towns rich in Mexican culture. For some of the area’s best beaches, clubs, and snorkeling reefs, head to the rapidly growing city of Playa del Carmen. Farther south, Tulum sits on a perch of rocky bluffs and is better known for ancient ruins, including temples and a cliff-side castle. The inhabitants of Tulum—which means “walled” in the aboriginal language—first erected the city’s outer fortress to protect themselves from belligerent invaders. Today, the wall guards the archaeological zone, beginning with an entryway of two corbel arches and a limestone house built over an underwater cave.
Swimming in the secret caves isn’t allowed, but a scenic drive south of Playa del Carmen brings you to the Yucatán Peninsula’s legendary limestone cenotes, freshwater sinkholes created by an underground river system. At the Cenote Cristalino, you can jump from terraced outcroppings into an exposed pool or go snorkeling in underwater caves. You can also watch locals expertly flip, dive, and synchronously cannonball into the clear water at this popular weekend hangout.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The closest airport is Cancun International Airport (CUN).
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? This Groupon only covers two guests.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included at the resort? There are many activities offered for a 20% service fee of the retail value. Click here for more details. For further customization, download the UNICO app for Android.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here. The dress code is casual attire.