Historian takes participants to haunted spots and old crime scenes located in Chicago’s downtown district
Groupon Customer Reviews
Error submitting request
Thank you for your response
About This Deal
- What’s included: two-hour walking guided tour that explores the gangsters and ghosts of Chicago’s past in the area of “The Loop.”
- Departure time: tours run daily at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 4 p.m., and 8 p.m.
- Tour length: 1.5 Mile
- Meeting Location: Royal Sonesta Hotel – 71 E. Upper Wacker Drive
- Free admission for children 6 and under
- Notable tour stops: Congress Hotel, Death Alley, Palmer House
About Gangsters and Ghosts Tour
During the Roaring 20s, Chicago's business district served as the stomping grounds for Al Capone and other historic gangsters. Today, the district, known as the Loop, still contains remnants of that bygone time, and the Gangsters and Ghosts Tour exposes guests to those gangster gems. Each night's walking tour starts near Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront hotel and explores 1.5 miles over about two hours. During the tour, an historian leads guests to famous and little-known spots that once housed underground tunnels and speakeasies, relaying verified ghost stories along the way.